Small Christmas Gift

Reg Mitchell

HI guys....been a while since I have been here. Lifes a bit different now :thumb:
Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Thanks guys. Some times life just gets in the way but I have been busy woodworking to calm the nerves. :thumb:
The wood is cherry Darren. Yes it is a step stool. My wife is verticaly chalenged 5'2" so thought I might give her a hand. No the dovetails are done with a jig.
Heres what kept me up late more than a few nights
shoppics032.jpg

shoppics037.jpg

shoppics036.jpg

Its good to see some friendly faces Vaughn. I'll be around a bit more now
Reg

Reg,
The stool is great. What kind of jig did you use? The dovetails look well balanced. It is really well done.
My wife is the same height and we have a similar style stool (not even close to the quality of yours). The handle is really nice to have - no bending!

Wes

teased

ok reg you have teased us with the mantel edge!! can we see the rest of the fleck on the top???? if it shows on the bevel its on the top for sure???? very nice work reg.:thumb:

DSCF0038.jpg

Its a Milbury single end tennoner Rob. Heres a larger pic for you
:eek: Sometimes I go for the dramatic Frank :rofl:

Hey Reg

Does that machine still work? Am I correct in undertsanding that this is/was a single purpose machine just to cut one end of a tenon. I dont get it i must be dumb seems like one heck of a lot of machine to do that task. Can you explain some more please. Is the machine yours? I am fascinated never seen anything like it.:huh:

Yes Rob it still works. It cuts the tenon shoulders, cuts the tenon to length and copes the end. its great if you have a lot of repeats to do
sharp007.jpg

sharp010.jpg

Reg

Thanks Reg....now I get it. Must be great for something like stair railings. Sorry for the idiot question I am only a hobbyist so not aware of the production machines.
Picture was worth a thousand words.

Hi Rob
no such thing as an idiot question. I don't do much production work but sometimes you get into things like rails for a crib like that or for cabinets that I will be makeing for the house this spring. I am just a hobby worker too so I learn everyday.
Reg