Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Shop in progress

My Shop in progress

New here and thought I would give some pictures of my shop which is a work in progress. It is 11' X 18' in the main room with a side room of 8' X 8' and the hall coming in is 4' X 10' The floor is raised and has the electric in the floor. It is 3/4" tongue and grove plywood and topped with 1" X 12 No. 2 Pine. I have a table saw extension on now that doesn't show in the pictures.

Welcome aboard, Gary. Looks like a great start to a shop. (Far too clean though, but I expect that'll change somewhat over time.) I think you may have the fanciest radial arm saw base I've seen yet.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Really nice, especially the floors. My next shop...wood floors!

Looks like a great space and a great start. Did I have wallspace once upon a time . . . ? It seems like I must have ;-) Glad to have you, enjoy the fun!
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Looks great Gary - and don't let anyone here give you a hard time about it being clean! A clean shop is a safe shop. Really like the floors.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

I am trying to keep it clean as can be and the pictures were taken shortly after I finished the Drill Press Cabinet and moved the Jig Saw into the main room and the Drill Press into the side room. I get a lot of good feedback on the floor from other sites also. I wanted something sturdy and to look good to. Thanks for all the good comments it has been a long time coming since until I retired I had no place to build a shop. Still have things to do but I think the next will be a Dust Collector. I am working on a small Phil Thien Cyclone Separator to work in conjunction with my shop vac. I will post some pictures and let everyone know how it works when I get it done. This seems to be a very good site with some talented people.

Gary, Welcome to the Family.

Thanks for posting pics of your shop...my aunt and uncle live in Nixa. I've never been there to visit, but my parents have and told me it's real pretty country!
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Welcome Gary great shop. But even better floors. Those boards look fantastic. I have plans to do one of my shop walls like that. Thanks for the post.
    cheers

Jeff it is beautiful country and I am only 30 Min. from Table Rock Lake for my other passion.

Gary, welcome to the Family!! Very clean and organized shop!! You got a cleaning crew that comes in at the end of each day? Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3