More Birdhouses

Well got a call yesterday from the director of the Arts Gallery saying she needed some more birdhouses. She said she only had 3 left of the 18 I took down. So I got 10 more done last night and this morning. 4 are still drying. Comments and critiques welcome.

Attachments

• Mini Birdhouses 3.jpg
    Mini Birdhouses 3.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Mini Birdhouses 4.jpg
    Mini Birdhouses 4.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 35
Man, you must be putting quite a dent in the itty-bitty bird population in your neighborhood. :D

Nice job, Bernie. :thumb:

Did you ever tell us how you do those? Gotta get off my backside some time, might as well be for those. Is that SOL (spray on laquer) finish? BTW...amazing stuff and very well done :clap::santa::biker:

Where did you find the birds?

Bernie,
Where did you find the assortment of birds. I have a selection from CUSA but they only come in yellow, blue and red. Your's are really nice... so are their houses :D

Glad you are selling some. I made a bunch for a craft fair in early November and didn't sell a single one. Had ton's of people stop and admire and tell me they were beautiful but nobody parted with any cash. Maybe my birds aren't attractive enough.

Doug

Doggone it Bernie, will you stop doing that?

I haven't even done my first one yet. (Actually just started one yesterday)

Man Bernie you do nice work there, for an old feller that is. (ooops, maybe I spoke out of turn)

Keep 'em coming Sir. Build my inspiration. Give me a role model.

Oh yeah, where DO you get your nice little birdies?

Aloha, Tony

Thanks everyone. For the birds I get them at Michaels hobby store. They have a pretty good assortment of the small ones and the really small ones. I forget what they cost for two but somewhere around $2.50 to $3. I use hot glue to put them on and they stay real well. Only have had one come off after doing about 50 or more so far the last couple of years.

More neat birdhouses, Bernie. Are those what are called mushroom birds?
Someone posted a link to a wholesaler for those. Big bags full of a whole whoop of them is quite cheap. But, the wholesaler requires tax number and initial order of $250.00. That would be a truck load of tiny birds.