Early Goodbye to Greg Cook

when you get there, it would be interesting to know what species are available at what prices as compared to USA. Im pretty sure Mr Stu said spanish cedar is not allowed to be imported.
I wonder what type of exotic woods might be dirt cheap over there as compared to here.
(imagine something like teak being readily available and affordable)

Jeff, Darren, Tony, Frank, Bill, allen...

Thanks guys. I appreciate the words and thoughts!

I am so frustrated because not all the things I wanted to do/get done....got done. With pinching a nerve in my back on the 13th, to this crappy freezing cold, snow, and now, as Bill said, howling winds I have lots of projects that will be taken over by my great neighbors and the people, neighbors actually, who are taking our house. I wouldn't know what I would have done without their help and support. To be honest, right now I just want this move over with and get "home" to my wife....:(

I believe Greg leaves this Tuesday. They should have the Airport under control by then (hopefully). He had said that he was leaving on an early flight. That would have to make it the Northwest 7 flight (or partner flights CO6335 & DL3511) to Seoul via Tokyo (Narita Airport), but I see that Northwest changed their schedule for that flight (not due to weather, but just a schedule change) to leaving SeaTac at 12:35PM. That should be better for Greg...I think. All information was gathered from www.flightstats.com, a godsend for the frequent traveler. Check it out.

Looks like fly is on schedule. Neighbors stopped by this morning loaded with cleaning supplies and proceeded to finish all my packing and cleaning.!!

I'm really gonna miss them all.

Dogs are going crazy and know something is going, but not sure what. They have been suspecious since " Mom" has been gone for so long. Sure will be glad when this move is done!

Leaving the house at 7:30 tomorrow morn.

Greetings from Japan

Greetings from Osaka! Actually, our house is just across the border in Nara prefecture. The town is called Ohji. Nice place and convenient to the company. Made it through customs with the dogs... Will post stories when I get real broadband...now just on a "hot spot" using my iPod Touch.

Later...

Hey Greg, thanks for the phone call this morning!

Greg has had an interesting trip, but I'll let him tell you the details, he is fine, and so are the dogs! :thumb:

Wait a minute! I found Osaka. I even found Nara Prefecture (funny how they use French police district names for what look like counties... I guess it's kind of like Louisiana calling them parishes!). But Google maps is completely ignorant of any town called Ohji! Looks like we need latitude and longitude! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

It's right there.............

OK, >> HERE <<

If that link don't work, search Google Maps for "OoJi Nara" and it should come up.

Greg is using a system of "Romaji" called the >> Hepburn << system (read through that document and then you might understand a bit better why written Japanese can be such a bear to learn :doh:)

Ooji or Ohji, would both sound the same.

Cheers!