Curlie Maple Box

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Seeing Jims curlie maple I thought I would put one I just made for a gift for my dad. The curlie maple I used is not near as nice as Jims but not too bad though. The accent wood is walnut. Finish is just tung oil finish.

Thanks, Tom

Attachments

• DSCF3386 (800 x 580).jpg
    DSCF3386 (800 x 580).jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCF3391 (800 x 600).jpg
    DSCF3391 (800 x 600).jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCF3393 (600 x 800).jpg
    DSCF3393 (600 x 800).jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF3396 (671 x 800).jpg
    DSCF3396 (671 x 800).jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 87
  • DSCF3397 (800 x 600).jpg
    DSCF3397 (800 x 600).jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 66
well tom i can see that those miterd corners reall y were given yu fits,,, darn good ones i might add:D thats a real nice box and the wood is sweet too.. yu dun good MrT:thumb:

Good morning all and thanks for the nice comments. this was a challenging box for me but it came out fine. the 45s are getting better larry but still room for improvement. Just finished a 45 degree angle sled last night needed for my final box to build this weedend hopefully that will help dial them in

Tom

Very nice. Was the sides connected to the bottom or just setting loose??

Again thanks all for the kind comments, I do appreciate them :thumb:

Ralph, the base is seperate from the box. Kind of like a hidden area between the box bottom and base bottom. Nice tight fit so they stay together when picked up

Tom

Tom it looks fine and I know that anybody will love it , don't worry anyone will see the talent that has gone into this .......... Marshall :wave:

great stuff tom, so if Im following you used a sled on the tablesaw to cut those tighty tight mitres? help me out here, Im mitre challenged.

Thanks Allen. For this box I just used my miter guage that came with my table saw. attatched an extension so I could attatch a stop block for repetition. LOTS of set up cuts until I was happy with the miters. I made the sled for another box I am currently working on that the box sides were too tall to use the miter guage. I'll post some pics of my setup for you tomarrow.

Tom