Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just one......

Just one......

I've been really busy, with work, (retail, at Christmas!) the Aparto, and trying to figure out the iCarver, last night, as the iCarver was running through a test fire, I made this little guy.......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geetech_snowman.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	26996

Nothing special, but the wood is from the pallet that the iCarver came on, it smelled like pine, but it a bit harder than most pine I've seen, although, it is still fairly soft. It has a spalted look to it, but I'm thinking maybe that is not spalting, but some of that beetle infested wood coming out of Canada, and other places?

I found this pic on the web for "Denim Pine Flooring"......

Name:	denim_pine.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	26997

Anyways, whatever kind of wood it is, I have some more and I'll be turning it for sure.

This little guy I'm going to send to my contact at Geetech as a thank you.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!
    cute little guy....I showed it to the wife and now she wants to know when I'm going to learn how to use my lathe so I can make her one
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.

Stu, that is very cute and very appropriate for the season.

Alan

Stu, am sure you are aware but thought a reminder in order for others. Turn on the DC at least while turning anything from a skid/pallet as they are sprayed for critters and who knows what that spray will do to you once released while cutting.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Yep, good idea Jonathan.

I run my DC almost all the time while turning, it does not get the big stuff, as it was not set up to do that, but the little stuff, it sure gets all, or most of that!

I took a couple more shots of the little guy, to show off the coloring a bit more.....

Name:	SN3D0959.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	27007 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SN3D0958.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	27006

Looks nice but it is not fun to turn, it tears out if you look at it wrong, and it really chips a lot.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I thought it was stone when I first looked at it. Nice lookin wood. I also looked at the icarver and that is really cool!
    "Small Change got rained on with his own 38"

Tom Waits

Cute. On I-carver eh?
    Are you going to throw away the Nova now?

No Frank, I'm keeping the Nova

If I could do this on the iCarver, I'd be really impressed
    William Arthur Ward

Stu, it just would be christmas around here if you didn't post at least one of these...I agree with Pete, at first look I thought it was soapstone or something.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Stu Great looking snowman I like the nose. I bet that wood would make a nice looking pen also.
    Larry