New Ryobi Jig Saw

Gary Lange

I wanted a new Jigsaw so went over to Home Depot and picked up a new Ryobi Orbital Scrolling Jig Saw with Laser JS550L. It is a beefy tool and works like a charm. I was looking through the Grizzly catalog and saw the Milwaukee Jig Saw and it is a twin of my Ryobi. I think I will be happy with it.

Gary, Sounds like a good tool, will have to check it out. BTW, Welcome to the forum! :wave: Good to see another Missourionian. My brother-in-law works for BNSF, he's currently down in New Mexico. At some point we've got to get them to transfer up to here or Springfield.

It is a beefy tool I was surprised when I picked it up and looked at it as it was made very well for the $69.00 price tag. It has the Cast Aluminum base and should be a very accurate little tool.

Thanks for the welcome. I ran into a guy at the coffee shop a couple weeks ago and he works for the BNSF in Springfield. You need to get the Brother-in-law transferred up to Springfield. If nothing else the fishing's better.

I have some friends out that way the run and fish somewhere in the State so it does have some water. I like it here in the middle of all these lakes and when I'm not casing Bass I have my shop to play in.

:rofl: So true...passed over a river bed on the highway to his place...had a trickle of water running down through it, may not have actually been moving.
If that was the Rio Grande, right there at the I-40 bridge the fishing's pretty weak, but there's some good bass and catfish hunting in some of the wildlife refuges south of there. Also some good mountain stream fishing to the north.

Sorry but I cannot agree that you can compare Ryobi tools to be equivalent to a Milwakee. There is a big difference in the quality between these two brands.

Rob I wasn't really comparing the two tools just saying they looked alike. Who really knows who makes these tools for the various companies. The Ryobi I bought is a very beefy tool and for a home shop will serve me well. I have a Ryobi One Drill that has not failed on me yet and with the new Lithium Ion Battery it is a powerhouse. The 5" Circular Saw has cut its way through a who bunch of wood and has impressed me to no end. I can't compare it to a Milwaukee because I don't own one yet. I will be getting a 5625 Router next year and hope it serves me as well as my Ryobi Router has. It will have 3-1/2 horses which is more then the Ryobi's 1-3/4 so it should be a real powerhouse in the Table I built.