New wood to inventory

Dan Mosley

Brother in law came down for the holidays from Oregon and decided to bring me some wood from his area and local mill. I gave him $100.00 for his trouble and transportation of the wood. Seems up in Bandon, Oregon or near that area there is plenty of wood and mills with alot of this stuff just laying around. Either way im glad he brought it......Ho Ho Ho.......
Up until he showed up i only had grapefruit wood to turn. Im in the city and they really have no wood around so i was very happy with his haul.
In the mix is Douglas Fur, Hemlock, Mytrle, Redwood, Ebony, and some other assorted blanks. It will be nice to turn something new for a change.....
In Pic #1 i have small pc of Ebony that i was going to throw into the burn pile for firewood but if anyone is turning pens and wants to pay the shipping pm me.
Dan

Attachments

• Wood 1 (600 x 450).jpg
    Wood 1 (600 x 450).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 65
  • wood 2 (600 x 450).jpg
    wood 2 (600 x 450).jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 56
  • wood 3 (600 x 450).jpg
    wood 3 (600 x 450).jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 48
  • wood 4 (600 x 450).jpg
    wood 4 (600 x 450).jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 47
  • wood 7 (600 x 450).jpg
    wood 7 (600 x 450).jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 83
Look like you got some nice pieces, Dan. There's one block of what looks like curly maple that really caught my eye. It should be really sweet.

Frank - updated and with a city now......LOL

Chuck - yeah i really have no storage area at all - its on the side of the house waiting for the anchor seal i ordered to seal them up. Been using Parrifin wax and paint thinner mix for the moment. But i just put it up where ever i can find some space.

Thanks Dan

Frank - updated and with a city now......LOL

Chuck - yeah i really have no storage area at all - its on the side of the house waiting for the anchor seal i ordered to seal them up. Been using Parrifin wax and paint thinner mix for the moment. But i just put it up where ever i can find some space.

Thanks Dan

Another California guy. I'll have to update my southern Cal. joke list. ;)
Welcome again.