Howdy from Southwest GA

Hi Tom. :wave: Welcome. Do ya'll still have those MASSIVE flights of little black birds there that occurs in the Autumn (during the quail season)? :eek::D

Tom,
welcome aboard!

Saw a truism about living in georgia yesterday...

How do you know you live in Georgia? Directions start with 'Go down Peach-tree...' and somewhere include 'When you see the Waffle House...'

Ned, your item above is just for Atlanta which has a number of roads named Peachtree.. FYI: Atlanta is not really Georgia, it is just another big city. The real Georgia is when the directions include the words/phases "dirt road", "last stop sign", "tall cold glass of ice tea", "pick-up truck", and " look for the Waffle House".

Got to head out to get some gift cert. for Christmas from the Waffle house for all the family.

Merry Christmas

Mark
(South GA born and raised)

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome Ned, and I have to agree with Mark. Down here in Albany, we don't have any streets named Peachtree. Atlanta is a whole other world compared to someplace like Albany.

Waffle House? Now we've got plenty of those and if you give directions, it's usually in relation to a Waffle House ;)

And Mark? I have to agree with Bill. Without sweet tea, what's the point of living?;)

Believe it or not, up north they don't do sweet tea! Imagine the culture shock when I went into Chicago for the first time while I was in the Navy! I was ready for the rest of what I encountered...but no sweet tea???? :eek:

I thought I was stuck in a horror movie :D