Beall Pen Wizard

Well, I bought a "Pen Wizard". Tried it out Monday while I had the school shop open for students to finish Christmas gifts (we are on break). It is amazing and does wonderful things to pen barrels quite easily. I know, no pictures it didn't happen. Here is what it is I am talking about.

http://www.bealltool.com/products/turning/lathewiz.php

I put the squiggley lines on the pen barrels for my niece and nephew's pens for Christmas. Will post pictures of pens after school starts. :thumb:

Anyone else have one, if so what are your experiences with this tool?

Well there you go again putting a challege to your students. At least I figure that they with be trying it in the future. You have to be great and dedicated teacher to open the shop for your students. I remember having a shop teacher that was the same way. I see him once in great while and still apperciate him for his dedication. Now you can make false tissler pens.

Royall, actually I looked at some finger nail polish at Wally World while there with my wife and daughter. Didn't buy any yet, figure the girls have some old polish I can experiment with first. Figure to fill the groove with the polish then the white hut friction polish bar. :dunno:

Ned, actually he (Mr. Beall) invented the lathe wizard that is out of production and this is the improved version (from what I glean over at IAP). About the only other competitor is the Legacy lathe of which I just haven't had the $ to purchase one with. :(

Bernie, figure I have $300 invested. Eventually I think it can add $5.00 to a pen's value. Thus after 60 pens it has paid for itself. Can think of many tools I have purchased that I have never anticipated earning any dollar value back, only personal pleasure. :rolleyes:

Rex, don't know if I qualify for the "great and dedicated" teacher bit. Just enjoy what it is I do and the vast majority of the kids I deal with. We all have our days, but that is part of being human. I grew up wanting NOTHING to do with school. But shoeing horses since I was 14 really killed my back, so combined the things I enjoyed, working with kids, agriculture and whallaaaa. So sometimes, I understand where these frustrated kids come from more than a traditional teacher that all through school wanted to be a teacher. Plus, if I keep their hands and minds busy, they have less time to get in trouble and are easier to keep on task!!:bonkers: