Hello -- again :)

Ian Gillis

Hello Folks,

I was active during the first several months of FWW, then I left to pursue other interests. I'm back now because I've dusted out the basement workshop and I'm back at it. I feel much better talking about woodworking when I'm actively doing it.

I've done a bit of browsing, and it's good to see familiar names and faces. Good to see lots of new contributors around too.

I've been working on storage solutions in my shop -- badly needed. I've got one or two "real" projects on the notepad that I'll be getting at soon. I hope to be able share some projects and likely ask for some advice too, down in the handtool forums.

Happy Holidays and warm wishes to all! And I hope all your LN and Festool wishes come true :)

Thanks Guys

Well, what to say?

Rennie - no Fes or LN or even an old orphaned Stanley under my tree. My only indulgence this year was to buy a lapping plate from Lee Valley. I figure I'll get all my plane soles, irons and chisel backs properly flat by the time the next summer olympics roll around. I'll be calling for a bulk tanker to take away all the filthy oil and swarf any day now.

For you, Larry - how can you improve on perfection? You look pretty good with your young sidekick there. Is this related to that Celtic wedding you got all dolled up for many months ago?

And Darren is is looking mighty purdy with those pearly whites lighting up his face. I think it's time he starts looking after the rest of his mug, though ;)

Seasons Greetings to All

Ian

well ian its not from the celtic party i got dressed up fer it was fromt he penguin suit party,, when ya get caught up go lookun for penguin suit thread or maybe that glen guy can help you find it.. its in off topic somewhere around april of last year:) now that was a fling:D

Xmas evening

Hi Chuck, Nancy and Stu

Chuck, your clothes threw me a bit until I checked out your website. Treasure chests, pirates and like that. Either that or a biker who likes to wear a dew rag and a puffy shirt ;) Nice to meet you, man.

Nancy, I don't have any trouble believing that Darren is better looking than a porker. But that's a pretty good looking pig :p

Thanks Stu, glad to be back. What's this, about month 28 for FWW? I'm sure there were plenty who never gave it 6 months. It's great to see it's here and ticking along very well.

Next up for me will be some things to organise my books. I'm thinking of an open corner shelf with drawers on one side. A bit asymmetrical, but I think it will suit the spot I have in mind for it. It's only exists on paper right now, so it could turn out to be anything ;)

And I want to make some book slides -- sliding bookends sort of things. I saw some on the Antiques Roadshow and I liked them. I'm going to lock up the power tool cupboard for this job - use it to tune up my hand tool chops.

I'll keep the camera at hand in case I manage to create anything worth sharing :)

Welcome back! Remember, no project is too small to share here. You just might give someone else an idea that saves their bacon, speaking of pigs and whatnot.

Hey Mark

I just finished reading your shop re-organization thread. I admire your "stick-to-it" ed-ness. I've been on a similar track in recent weeks. You've shown a lot of ingenuity there. As Larry suggested, putting your shop right puts your mind at ease and lets you focus on the work at hand.

I'll go on record right now saying that I'm going to build the clamp storage rack that I've been putting off forever. Right after I make the drawers for the under-bench plywood cabinet I started last fall ;)