Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Powermatic 1200 ( Compleated)

Powermatic 1200 ( Compleated)

Well I got the 1200 down today. Sorry I don't have any pics this time but it was so nasty I wasn't allowed in the house to get the cam . I'll soak tonight and grab a few quick one tomorrow and let you see that mess. It's a good thing I powerwashed it before I took it into the shop or I might be spending a few night there getting the mess off
    Last edited by Reg Mitchell; 01-17-2009 at 04:57 AM.

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    I Googled it to find out what a PM 1200 is. Drill press.
    FWIW, there is an owners manual for sale right now on eBay, $17.50.

Thanks Frank. A friend on OWWM had the info I needed and what he didn't have I just had to wing it. I'll post a few pics later of progress today

Well heres a few pic of the 1200 down.

Tomorrow I'll take it to the carwash and try getting the grease and gunk off. Somebody reminded me I can spray ovencleaner on it to break down the grease and it will take part of the paint too. I found a few bearing bad so Mon. I will head out to get them. They are small ones so it won't be a big deal but they need replaceing just the same Some of the smaller parts I primered after I ran them on the wire wheel so they don't start rusting.

Tokyo Japan
    Looks somewhat solid

It also looks like the speed is controled via a gearbox, instead of belts and pulleys, VERY nice
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Hi Stu. sorry I didn't get a better pic of that. It's a power feed. ONly one I've seen on a powermatic

Well heres a little progress on the Powermatic.Lots of time cleaning the gunk off. I used easy off oven cleaner. Works real well, even took some paint too

I like that rustolem hammered look. It great to do cast. Even if you get a run you can always blame it on the casting......naaaaa it the casting that makes it look that way

A little more progress today.Looks like I'm gonna need to make a piece for the powerfeed too. Cheeper and a lot faster to make than getting another one cast and then machined

And heres the little jewel I have to make

I love haveing the stuff to make things I need rather than haveing to try find them for older machines, and keeps the mind occupied

Delton, Michigan
    excellent post reg on the rework of your drill press,, and i like your sig aswell hey how did you happen across this critter?
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Hi Larry. I was doing a little research on old WW tools and saw about a tenoner. I wanted one for doing cabinets later and couldn't really afford a large dbl ended one. I ask around about the Millbury and found a man that was willing to sell me one at a real good price. I had it brought up by another friend that was comming this way. It's great for doing a lot of same size tendons

Heres a bigger pic for you