Arizona Greetings

Rich Boehlke

Howdy,
My name is Rich Boehlke (pronounced Bell-Key). I live in Pinetop Arizona, about 190 miles east/northeast of Phoenix, altitude 7000 feet above sea level. I retired in 2005 after 32 years from IBM and moved to the mountains from Chandler AZ.

One of the items on my bucket list is to become a skilled wood turner. I am also interested in furniture building.

I'm glad to have found FWW and have already lurked my way through a lot of very useful information. Thanks to all those who contribute to making this forum such a valuable resource. One big problem: the day is limited to a mere 24 hours! How will I ever catch up?

Howdy Rich! I passed through your area 4 years ago this coming Sunday ... on a motorcycle that I bought from a guy in Globe ... after flying from Salt Lake City to Phoenix to buy it. I got to take a few cool photos during the two-day ride home, including some in Salt River Canyon. Check out the trip pages [HERE] if you're interested.

Maybe someday I'll come back through when there's no snow on the ground (and no monster forest fires burning!).

Welcome to "the family"! :thumb:

Welcome to the Family Rich! :wave:

Alright, another turner :D

We like pictures, of your shop, your lathe, and such, it you have the time, please share some with us.

Cheers! :thumb:

Howdy Rich! I passed through your area 4 years ago this coming Sunday ... on a motorcycle that I bought from a guy in Globe ... after flying from Salt Lake City to Phoenix to buy it. I got to take a few cool photos during the two-day ride home, including some in Salt River Canyon. Check out the trip pages [HERE] if you're interested.

Maybe someday I'll come back through when there's no snow on the ground (and no monster forest fires burning!).

Welcome to "the family"! :thumb:

Howdy, Kerry. Nice bike, nice WEB site. I used to ride in a previous lifetime so by all means give me a holler if you should be in the neighborhood. It will be a while before the snow melts, it has been snowing for the past two weeks and we have 2 to 3 feet on the ground right now. It's a lot of work but it does help supress the fire danger.
I hope to get some education at the Craft Supplies facility in Provo this spring.

Welcome to the Family Rich! :wave:

Alright, another turner :D

We like pictures, of your shop, your lathe, and such, it you have the time, please share some with us.

Cheers! :thumb:

Howdy, Stuart.
As for the lathe, right now I dont have one. The old Craftsman was sold just before Christmas and a new PM 3520b is on order to replace it. It is enroute from Auburn Washington. With weather conditions being what they are, it probably will be another week before it arrives. Cant wait!