No pool partys today!

Rennie Heuer

Staff member
It is unusual for the Treasure Valley (Where Boise is located) to get a lot of snow, and when it does snow it does not stay long. Hardly ever do we see much snow before Christmas. However, this year is a bit different. We are getting our third snow in excess of 4" in a week. I know that's not much compared to what some of you have seen, but it's a bunch for here. It's a good thing I've got lots of inside stuff to do! The LOML and I have been going through boxes of books and magazines and papers and 'purging'. Something that is way overdue. Good way to begin a new year!
DSCN3367.jpg DSCN3368.jpg DSCN3369.jpg DSCN3370.jpg

The first picture is of the pool - looks a little too cold for swimming. Also shown are some early attempts at "Levine" chairs, the BBQ (which we do use during the winter) and the car and truck that I will have to dig out..... eventually.:rofl:

Well, I feel for you Rennie. We had 60 degree weather here in KC yesterday, several inches of rain and lightning, and wind gusts of up to 45 mph. My neighbor's patio furniture was across his yard. Another neighbor's new pin oak was (well half of it) two houses down. Dropped to 29 degrees by 9 AM and looking to get some snow this afternoon. Never know what to expect here in the midwest. :dunno:

What's the problem? The filter not working or sumthin? Go ahead and hop in:D Just watch out where the huskies go - dont you eat that yellow snow:eek: (Frank Zappa)

hey, why aint that barbie covered?

shame on you.

He said he uses it during the winter, Allen.

It was about 18 when we got up this morning. We had some snow yesterday, but not enough to measure, and today and clear and sunny and COLD!!! The temp here at 1:00 p.m. has gotten all the way up to 27, and the wind is chilling.

It's been pushing close to 60 here today and with the snow load melting fast and the 2" of rain I could hold a pool party in the basement. It's not really that bad. I only have an inch in the basement and thats running down the drain. I guess I should have plugged the old well line coming into the basement. It was running like a faucet. Never even saw it drip before. I pounded a cork into it and that seems to have stopped that leak.

The local streams are flooding though, and a lot of roads are under water. Good day for fast canoeing. :D

Rennie, the same storms that have dumped on you must have moved over N Utah too. This is a pic of the mountain above my house in North Ogden, Ben Lomond peak on the morning of 12/26, after 3 good storms in a week.

Attachments

• 12-26-08.jpg
    12-26-08.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 10
Rennie, the same storms that have dumped on you must have moved over N Utah too. This is a pic of the mountain above my house in North Ogden, Ben Lomond peak on the morning of 12/26, after 3 good storms in a week.
Not too far from you, Logan, I understand two snowmobilers met an untimely demise at the business end of an avalanche.:eek:

It's been pushing close to 60 here today and with the snow load melting fast and the 2" of rain I could hold a pool party in the basement. It's not really that bad. I only have an inch in the basement and thats running down the drain. I guess I should have plugged the old well line coming into the basement. It was running like a faucet. Never even saw it drip before. I pounded a cork into it and that seems to have stopped that leak.

The local streams are flooding though, and a lot of roads are under water. Good day for fast canoeing. :D

"here" is where? Could you please put your location in the profile? Sure would help.

Gee Frank, I hadn't noticed. I'll try to fix the discrepancy. 'Here' is in central Michigan.

Had another yucky day. Started feeding cows at 3:30am to 50 mph winds and rain that switched over to snow a few hours later. Had to put my feet up when driving the skid-steer out to the corn silage pile, water was washing the floorboards in the lane. I was going to tell the farmer that he will need to get a boat permit if he wants to keep using his machines in a lake. I tried to use my lathe face shield for face protection but abandoned that idea because in order to keep the durn thing on my head I had to put it tight and that gave me a headache. :D Just another typical Michigan weather day.