Ash Radiator Covers

The larger cover was just that much more heavier, and difficult to position to attach supports. Its very heavy, although it doesnt look like much wood
The second cover, has the QS red oak top.
Will see how it finishes up. I oversized this cover an extra 1.5 inch, since the valves stick out. Had plenty of wall, so the slightly larger size didnt matter much.
A couple of pics, the top, comparing size, and I had to put a center support in, since it was 4 feet wide.

(I really dig those pocket screws, makes quick work of simple things like this, no waiting hours for glue to dry)

Attachments

• wood stuff 501 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 501 (Medium).jpg
    37 KB · Views: 13
  • wood stuff 502 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 502 (Medium).jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 16
  • wood stuff 503 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 503 (Medium).jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 19
Very nice work Allen and a great addition to your home:thumb: I understand about not having enough hands. I built a queen size craftsman style bed that had 3/4" square spindles every 3/4" across the head and foot boards:eek: Has my wife come out to help..... four hands was better than two to get that job done:thumb:

Congratulations too on the other post you made about having your mortgage paid off:thumb: What a relief that must be. Lets see, I'm 60, with 2 years into a 30 year mortgage... :huh:

I had to finish it today, at least the construction, the temps are expected to remain well below freezing for a while, and its unbearable working when your fingers stop bending.(I could imagine Royall you must have a tough time also, not wanting to go jump in the ocean and goof off instead of work, guess paradise has its price:D
Ill be able to move it inside to put finish on it, only have to go out when I have to sand it.
Nothing like the smell of polyurethane while IM watching American Idol.

its finally finished in its final resting place.
The gel stain worked out so good, since it seemed to blend in the 3 species of wood colors and grain and kept them all close to the same shade.
The reason I need my glasses when I work, is the pooling of the stain near the slats as it dried. Ofcourse most wont notice it, but overall this one came out nicer than the first one, all but one tenon sitted near perfect.

Attachments

• wood stuff 511 (Medium).jpg
    wood stuff 511 (Medium).jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 17