You make me question whether or not I need glasses. :D

I would guess that the first time you need to make a quick get-away from the lathe, they will learn not to be so close to mommy and daddy. Mine is the same way, but when the noise starts she wants mommy. :rolleyes:

Here's my shop dog, Sierra :)

She's a sweet old mutt that we took in because a neighbor had called animal control a couple of times with no response, so they were going to kill her themselves. I just couldn't let that happen, and I've never been sorry about that.

Picture005.jpg

Tom

I hear you Chuck!

My pup won't let me leave the house without trying to tag along.

She may not like where she is when we get somewhere (Shop, car, errands, whatever) but she does not like to be left alone...

Sometimes I think she's one of the smartest dogs in the world, and other times the dumbest. But at least I know where I stand with her, and that's ok by me. :thumb:

I haven't a dog, but I hope to have one some day....

But... I guess that if your dogs like to lie on sawdust piles they will be spreading it all over the house, (if allowed in) is your wife happy with that? mine would either kill the dog or me or problably both of us if that happened.:(:D

Not my dog but I thought you would get a kick out of it. Our dog is a long haired mini dachshund. With only 6" of ground clearance he doesn't get to go in the shop.

Attachments

• ballpoop.jpg
    ballpoop.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 87
Unfortuantely, my guy does not like to be in the shop. Don't know if it's the noise, or if it's just that his bed (at the other end of the house) is more comfortable. Probably a combination of the two. :D
Lokai 2.JPG

Unfortuantely, my guy does not like to be in the shop. Don't know if it's the noise, or if it's just that his bed (at the other end of the house) is more comfortable. Probably a combination of the two. :D
View attachment 27164

Maybe, he knows it is a dangerous place to be when you are around:rofl::rofl:

BTW, I love his skin stains, looks like a "pinto" horse what is his name?

("Chess" would be a good one:))

Maybe, he knows it is a dangerous place to be when you are around:rofl::rofl:
Hey! I resemble that remark! :rofl:

BTW, I love his skin stains, looks like a "pinto" horse what is his name?

("Chess" would be a good one:))
Actually, his name is Lokai. He's named for a Star Trek character (original series) with similar coloring.:D
bele_and_lokai_star_trek.jpg
Lokai is the one in the back. A keen eye will note that it is actually Bele that has the same coloring as our pooch (left right orientation), but who'd want to call your dog Bele? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

My good friend, "Hawk", who is building a new flintlock fowler for me, has a dog with very unique instincts. It is a medium sized mixed breed named 'Bear'. Barks like furious at strangers then quiets down if told they are friends. Now, Hawk really concentrates when he is working, a true master craftsman. He doesn't like to be disturbed when he is working and Bear knows this. If Hawks wife tries to come in the shop when Hawk is working, Bear will growl and bark and flat-out won't let her in. If Hawk is just relaxing or visiting, she can walk in, no problem. Bear won't even look at her. She understands. I'm not sure my wife would be so understanding.

My dog only has issues with the nail gun. He sleeps under the assembly/outfeed table while I am running the ts or other tools. We blow the dust off him before going into the house. His name is Homer, yes he is not the smartest. He wont even bark when somone comes over.

I don't have a shop dog, she'll only come out to visit if I have "cookies" for her, but after she's had her cookie, she leaves. She's actually the wife's dog that we got from a friend who picked her up as a stray. This is Maggie Mae. She's just a year old.

Attachments

• new 017.JPG
    new 017.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 31
  • bs 002.JPG
    bs 002.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 27