Here's my shop dawg:D
attachment.php

He'll happily camp out on your lap while you're trying to work. The "other" dog gets bored easily in the shop and would rather be doing something else.

This is Sugar. She would rather be hunting than couped up in a garage/shop.

Attachments

• sugar1.JPG
    sugar1.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 36
  • sugar2.JPG
    sugar2.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 34
  • sugar3.JPG
    sugar3.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 37
Unfortuantely, my guy does not like to be in the shop. ATTACH]27164[/ATTACH]

Actually, his name is Lokai. He's named for a Star Trek character (original series) with similar coloring.:D

Like Chuck, memories of Star Trek was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw your pup's photo.

But as for the shop... Maybe if you painted the LEFT side black, and the RIGHT side white, he might feel more at home... :thumb::thumb: :rofl::rofl:

No dog, no cat. Four kids. :doh:
...art
(Hey, at least kids are "house trained" after about two years. I might like to have a dog, but I really can't get excited about the thought of picking up poop for the next thirteen -or so- years... )

Like Chuck, memories of Star Trek was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw your pup's photo.

But as for the shop... Maybe if you painted the LEFT side black, and the RIGHT side white, he might feel more at home... :thumb::thumb: :rofl::rofl:

No dog, no cat. Four kids. :doh:
...art
(Hey, at least kids are "house trained" after about two years. I might like to have a dog, but I really can't get excited about the thought of picking up poop for the next thirteen -or so- years... )
I've had kids, I'll take the dog any day! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

How nice it would be to tell the kids "sit" and have them sit. "Quiet" and have them be quiet. "Heal" and have them stay by your side. Know that they will stop dead at the sidewalk and not leave the property unless you are leading them. Have them bark at strangers rather than instill fear in you that they might trust one. Leave them home all day by themselves knowing they will do only two things, protect the house and sleep. Then, when you come home, greet you as though you are the only bright spot in their universe.

Oh well. Guess the kids aren't all that bad.:rofl:

As for painting the dog, ummm maybe not.:eek::rofl:

He might spend more time in the shop if I had a bed out there for him.:D But I worry about his hearing with all that loud machinery (I don't have ear muffs his size:D) and he'd run and hide as soon as I picked up any air tool. He really hates them.:dunno::huh:

...No dog, no cat. Four kids. :doh:

Explain to me how picking up after 4 kids is less work than dog poop and hairballs:huh::huh: 4 kids * 3 years each of diapers and potty training:huh: So that leaves 1 year of picking up lawn ornaments vs teenagers. The dog is starting to seem like a bargain to me:D

Ozzy really isn't a "shop dog": he makes a pass through every half-hour or so just to make sure I haven't dropped food on the floor or mutilated myself, but mostly he prefers somewhere softer and quieter.
MVC-143F.JPG

Explain to me how picking up after 4 kids is less work than dog poop and hairballs:huh::huh: 4 kids * 3 years each of diapers and potty training:huh: So that leaves 1 year of picking up lawn ornaments vs teenagers. The dog is starting to seem like a bargain to me:D

#1- Well the 4 kids are all out of diapers now, and if we get a dog now, well.... :eek:

#2 - I live in Canada. Kids are covered by health care (and benefits), and dogs are not. ;)

...art

ps: Okay, I give, back on topic!

My avatar, above, is Shana, AKA 'Princess Shana of Pineview;' AKA "Shananagan."

She's an eighteen month old Standard Schnauzer who's my nearly constant companion. She loves the shop, except for when either the planer or a router is running.

She makes a great scrap retriever/gnawer, and loves rolling in plane shavings. She spends most of her time in the shop either relaxing in her crate (always open) or sleeping in the easy chair in the corner.

PDR_0201 (Medium).JPG

This little guy is brand new to us--just 8 weeks. Not yet ready for the shop, in fact he's severely limiting my shop time. Our previous Golden passed Nov 5, at 13 1/2 years, and we couldn't stand being "dogless" any longer!

Bob

We got Starbuck when she was a puppy. So cute, but so much work!

We like to joke what she's really cute, "When she's sleeping!"

buckypuppy.jpg

buckypuppy2.jpg

View attachment 27306

This little guy is brand new to us--just 8 weeks. Not yet ready for the shop, in fact he's severely limiting my shop time. Our previous Golden passed Nov 5, at 13 1/2 years, and we couldn't stand being "dogless" any longer!

Bob

I love these kind of dogs and if I didnt already have to many Boxers I would have one.:thumb: (if she would let me):doh:
Jay

Ours are part Dachshund, a breed that doesn't know to stop eating. Our two also will try to eat anything at least once - including drywall during a laminate floor install project. We've decided that the shop thus isn't dog friendly, but here's the little cuties that we adopted as adults - they're a brother / sister pair.

Zeus, he's got a little fear aggression - we typically muzzle him until he stops barking at company. We think the poor poochers were mistreated before we got them.

zeus.under.table.jpg

And here's Samantha, eater of drywall.

samantha.on.snow.jpg

We don't have kids yet, but as for cleanup differences, how many kids would get most of your sinus migraine induced vomit all cleaned up without asking by the time your wife has the chance to extricate herself from Thanksgiving company? On the other hand, how many kids leave evidence of all the stuff they shouldn't have but did eat during winter out in the yard to show off to the world with the spring thaw?

i can show ya spoiled as well. my i wish was a shop dog sets aspretty as any show dog when she is havin her coffee and a donut.. i can call webster over to me he does obey me pretty well and he willset or lay down as i ask but he's wathcun that donut like it was intruder... and when i free him up hes over there actinglike he was on the bad guys track til he gets what she has svaed for him... oh he is one fine watch dog for those that dont belong or have ill feelings.. he knows!!! and he's named webster cuz i couldnt think of better name he never mispeeels werds either:)

Webster#1tn_.JPG

Last edited:
Today was Juliet's first almost full day in the shop. She has been in the shop for short periods of time & was a little afraid of the Dust Collector when it started up. Today she just walked over by it & cocked her head & looked up at it & walked away. She doesn't react to any of the machine noises now after being out there for just a short time.

She does come up & give me a poke in the back of the leg with her paw about once or twice an hour when I am working at the bench to get attention thank goodness she doesn't do it when I'm operating a machine.
Here she is on the foot rest of the new recliner.

Attachments

• 103_0241.JPG
    103_0241.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited: