Fein Multimaster tool/kit

Jack Lemley

Hi All,

I am seriously considering the Multimaster but at $400 am a little hesitant. Any educated opinions on this product here? I have some remodeling to do around the house (I built it 20+ years ago so maybe a lot of remodeling). The money is not a major issue for me but I do want to get my money's worth.

Thanks
Jack

"If everything is under control you are moving too slowly"

My brother recently purchased the Dremel Multi-Tool and was very disappointed. He's taking it back and will likely buy one of the Fein units (the ones with the quick-change attachments). I demo'ed the Fein unit for our local Woodcraft about six months ago. I played with it at home for about a week before the demo and was pleasantly surprised with the unit.

Has anyone personally used the Rockwell unit yet? Can someone with the Fein use an attachment for the Rockwell or Dremel?

Thanks,

FYI

The tool gets good reviews but also check out the Rockwell Sonicrafter product. Fein's patent expired and others are offering the equivalent product for less money.

Mike

I just found out today from a Western Tool representative this Rockwell isn't the one we were used to the original Rockwell gave up the rights to the name & another entity jumped on the name so beware. My friend purchased the Dremel tool we played around with it in my shop & it worked great.

Last edited:
My brother recently purchased the Dremel Multi-Tool and was very disappointed. He's taking it back and will likely buy one of the Fein units (the ones with the quick-change attachments). I demo'ed the Fein unit for our local Woodcraft about six months ago. I played with it at home for about a week before the demo and was pleasantly surprised with the unit.

Has anyone personally used the Rockwell unit yet? Can someone with the Fein use an attachment for the Rockwell or Dremel?

Thanks,

FYI
Yeah, reviews I've seen say the same thing - the Dremel unit is not the best. The same reviews say the Rockwell unit is better but not as good as the Fein. So you have to decide how much of a unit you need. If you're a pro who uses it each day, the Fein is the way to go. If you're a sometimes user, the Rockwell may serve you well.

Bart - I was aware that the Rockwell of today is not the Rockwell of the past but didn't think to say anything in my original posting. Even if they were the Rockwell of the past, it would not be a guarantee of any particular level of quality.

Mike

Rockwell

I've looked in to the Rockwell oscillating tool and rally like the machine and prece. Good reviews. I do wish it had contour pad sanders available though. I

Thanks again for the info.
Jack

I've looked in to the Rockwell oscillating tool and rally like the machine and price. Good reviews. I do wish it had contour pad sanders available though. I

Thanks again for the info.
Jack

Chances are the Fein accessories will fit.

BTW, I've had the Fein - with sanding pads, contour pads, saw blades, scraper, and grout kit for about fifteen years, and I can't say enough good things about it. Great tool! I don't use it a lot, but there are lots of jobs where it excels, or even is the only tool that'll get the job done. Pricey, but still a worthwhile investment.