Good thoughts needed.

Ned Bulken

My grandfather is 97, has several health issues, and has had a live-in care giver for several years now. The time has arrived for her to move on, I won't bore you all with the gory details, but suffice to say that I'm extending my vacation to VA to help my parents, aunt and uncle deal with the situation of getting my grandfather out of his house temporarily and his caregiver out of the house permanently since we're all here. (My parents live near him, the rest of us are visiting). Stress level is way up there, but we'll make it through. Good vibes etc. would help however.

TIA

Ned

With you all together you will get things done Ned. I'm sure you will get things done right. Bets wishes to all of you. 97 years with your granddad, WOW that is a great thing

Tom

Do you feel as Santa in your avatar?? :rolleyes:
It is an inconvenience but life will go on. God does have final say. I think with my grandmother we went through a similar situation that you are tip toeing around. We don't need details, just understand we are all pulling for you buddy.

serv-pro is going to do the cleaning, we just have to move him to my folks house and then deal with the 'care' giver.

Thanks all!

*sigh* is about all I can do right now.
I don't want to know, just making an observation. Sounds like "care giver" in this case might be an oxymoron. I hope everything works out.

Ned, having had my mother in a nursing home for six years, I got involved with problems similar to what you are experiencing and became an advocate for nursing home residents. I expect the hardest part of your situation will be to find another live-in caretaker. Your family should prepare for the possibility you will not find a satisfactory person. If that happens, a nursing home may be the only alternative. I understand the stresses you and your family are going through. Very difficult, indeed. And always accompanied by feelings of guilt even though there is nothing to really feel guilty about. Do seek support. Not only for your grandfather but the whole family. All the best.

Frank,
Actually part of the reason we're going through this is that he was preparing to go into an assisted living apartment at the local nursing home... when the extent of the situation at the house became clear, we went into 'crisis' mode.