bandsaw riser, gonna capitualate

Frank Fusco

We are taking our daughter to the Springfield, MO airport tomorrow. After dropping her off we will do some shopping. I'm going (naturally ;) ) to the Grizzly store. I've been contemplating getting a riser for my 14" G0555 bandsaw but resisted because I believe that it was designed to be a 6" max height bandsaw and not a small sawmill. But, I have a lot of hunks of wood that need cutting down to more usable sizes, especially for spinning. Lot of guys have expressed satisfaction with the riser on this bandsaw, that helped the decision. So, facing the fact that most Griz prices are going up on Jan. 1 and I have a gift certificate I got as a Christmas present, I'll get the riser kit.
http://www.grizzly.com/products/h3051
One downside, I recently bought new blades and now must dispose of them. Will probably post a deal or ask for a trade later.
P.S. I'll also have a chance to see the new G0694 monster lathe Griz has introduced. No intention of buying one, just want to see in person.

Frank,

One when I ordered my 14" Delta quite a few years ago I ordered the riser with it and have never even used it without the riser.

Never had a problem with it :thumb:

And it looks remarkably similar in design to that Grizz.

Frank,

One when I ordered my 14" Delta quite a few years ago I ordered the riser with it and have never even used it without the riser.

Never had a problem with it :thumb:

And it looks remarkably similar in design to that Grizz.

Brent, I think the Grizz riser will work with quite a few 14" models. Rigid, Detla and Jet and some others as well.

Frank, once you get it all installed should we expect some BIG bowls from you?:wave: