Wood Inventory

Well yesterday I got a increase in my wood inventory. A kid (yes I am 62 and he is 26 and I am his supervisor) I work with came back from his Christmas vacation in Missouri with his folks. I have turned several things for his dad and mom (she like birdhouses) since he would bring me a piece of wood or two whenever he went down there. Well he came back this time with a pickup load of Oak, Cherry, Sycamore, Dogwood, a little walnut and Cedar. I cut yesterday bowl blanks till I thought I would drop and still didn't get it all cut. Anyway I got about 20 bowl blanks out of cherry which will make great salad bowls and still have 11 logs of cherry to cut up. Some big bowl blanks out of oak. A bunch out of the sycamore and still have more to cut up. When he pulled up and said he had a load of wood I figured a couple of logs. When I saw what he had I was like a kid in a candy store. Ought to keep me busy for a day or two.

Attachments

• Pickup Load of Wood 1.jpg
    Pickup Load of Wood 1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 48
  • Pickup Load of Wood 2.jpg
    Pickup Load of Wood 2.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Pickup Load of Wood 3.jpg
    Pickup Load of Wood 3.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 43
  • Pickup Load of Wood 4.jpg
    Pickup Load of Wood 4.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 31
  • Pickup Load of Wood 6.jpg
    Pickup Load of Wood 6.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Pickup Load of Wood 7.jpg
    Pickup Load of Wood 7.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 55
Bernie,

You must be a great supervisor to have him bring you all that wood. Now I have "wood envy."

Don't know about being a great supervisor but he is a great kid. His mom and dad like my birdhouses and ornaments.

So how is retirement going? I hope well as I am starting my countdown as of today at 365 and counting. :D:D

So Bernie, what are you waiting for? Your lathe is hungry, your tools starving and we at the family want to see your posts!

Congratulations for the haul.:thumb::thumb: