Ok What is your Woodworking New Years Resolution

Rob Keeble

Hi All

I figured given we all end up making resolutions this time of the year, I would get a thread going to help some with making a commitment and being held to it by the family. Of course in the spirit of carring.

So here goes I will get started.

1) Expand my advisory business to help more small businesses in these difficult times survive.
2) Loose weight and get into better shape to be able enjoy my senior years and hopfully teach my grandchildren what fun it is to create something from wood.
3)Show the LOML how much I appreciate her. Do it now but not often enough.
4)Get more shop time to finish off setting up my shop.:thumb:
5) Start my photo album and guest book for the gov offcials that will be inspecting my shop this year. Plan on trying to get NN neighbor to settle down in a spirit of peace and reconcilliation.:bang: This might be a reolution I struggle to keep but I will give it a go.:rofl:

Happy New Year all. Thanks for all the great posts and support.

I hope to take life a little bit less serious. By this I mean that I won't get uptight or stressed out over how the economy is doing everyday. Learning to be thankful for every blessing which we as a family receive.

In woodworking I hope to be able to get projects together a little bit quicker. Not to make so many stupid little mistakes that I should have caught in the first place. Learn to enjoy each step of the project and remember that a little extra time now won't matter when we can enjoy the results for years to come. Hopefully I will be able to get something to be square in a glue up just like it was when I put everything together in a dry fitup.

In the end I hope to be a better woodworker at the end of 2009 then I am now.

Here is extending warm wishes to everyone that 2009 will be better then 2008. Have a blessed New Year.

Stephan

1. Finish up my shop reorganization (pics to follow when done:rolleyes:)
2. Turn
3. Keep shop organized. (yeah right)
4. Turn
5. Clean up curlies (yeah right)
6. Turn
7. Think about a flatwork project (yeah right...um, well maybe.:dunno:)
8. Turn
9. Rethink shop organization and rethink starting a flatwork project. :huh:
10.Turn....

Happy New Year! :wave:

I gave up on making new years resolutions a longggggg time ago, but I would like to spend more time on my hobbies. I haven't put a negative in the holders for my big camera for over a year, and I only turned a few things in 2008, so I'd like to correct those deficiencies in my lifestyle.....

cheers

John

This ones easy for me........FINISH MY KITCHEN REMODEL:eek: Finally got my dovetail jig (Leigh super jig 18") so drawers can be built, new miter guage ( incra 1000se) so all will be square. Ordered all the door sildes. have all the wood, pulls and knobs to complete the cabinets. Hopefully glueing up the butcher block countertops this weekend (jarrah) so no excuse not to finish

No resolutions but I always have a list. Current list:
  1. Run new electrical.
  2. Shift lumber rack to the right.
  3. Hook up jointer & planer DC.
  4. Mount and plumb cyclone.
  5. Apply finish to recent project.
  6. Start Christmas gifts for 2009.

Well, isn't this embarrassing?:eek: Following is my post from last year's woodworking resolutions.

OK - time to make those promises to yourself for the new year. What project have you promised yourself that you will definitely get to next year? What tool is at the top of your 'to buy' list? What shop improvement is going to be 'the one' in 2008? Perhaps a year from now we can revisit this thread to see how successful we've been.:D

I'll start us off.

For over 20 years 90% of what has come out of my shop has been for others. Thousands of dollars in shop equipment and shop upgrades and all the LOML has to show for it is a few picture frames! :eek:

2008 will be THE YEAR I actually start to build the furniture for OUR HOME that I've been promising her for over 20 years.
Here's my resolution for the new year :rofl:

For over 20 years 90% of what has come out of my shop has been for others. Thousands of dollars in shop equipment and shop upgrades and all the LOML has to show for it is a few picture frames! :eek:

2009 will be THE YEAR I actually start to build the furniture for OUR HOME that I've been promising her for over 20 years.

Well, isn't this embarrassing?:eek: Following is my post from last year's woodworking resolutions.

Here's my resolution for the new year :rofl:

3009 will be THE YEAR I actually start to build the furniture for OUR HOME that I've been promising her for over 20 years.

Fixed it for ya! :rofl:

What's that? You think that's when I'm finishing the jewelry box for my wife?! :eek: :doh:

I need to finish the shop. Mainly the finishing/assembly room. I started last weekend cleaning out the shop. May get some time this weekend to do some more, maybe tomorrow! Need some OSB for the walls in said f/a room. 5 more lights to finish the lighting, three 4 footers, and two 8 footers. One set of cheap french doors to separate the f/a room from the shop to keep dust down. Blow in some insulation in the ceiling.
Next is to actually build something. So far I feel like all I've done is collect tools and make the building they reside in semi comfortable. I was with my Mom today as Dad had a pace maker installed, and she mentioned that she would like me to build an entertainment center for them that will fit in the corner and take up much less space that the big hutch they are using now. I'll just need to take measurements of all the equipment that needs to go in it.
Do you think that's too much to tackle??:D Jim.

I was with my Mom today as Dad had a pace maker installed, and she mentioned that she would like me to build an entertainment center for them that will fit in the corner and take up much less space that the big hutch they are using now. I'll just need to take measurements of all the equipment that needs to go in it.
Do you think that's too much to tackle??:D Jim.
Nope, makes perfect sense. An entertainment center is one of the things on my list (not that that's worth anything:rofl:). Problem is, I don't know what's happening with my job so I don't want to drop any money on that new flat screen so there's no real need for the new entertainment center. See! I just talked myself out of it!:rofl::rofl: