Ok What is your Woodworking New Years Resolution

Love those 6 bit words:rofl::rofl::rofl: "abysseration" that's a new for me... had to look it up:D

Royall,
that's a term for shoving someone over the edge into the abyss called 'turning', so coined on another forum, and turned into a verb when they secretly (to the receipients anyway) took up a collection and gave a midi lathe with accessories to a worthy person, it got so successful they gave away two one time... it was a huge lot of fun, and got lots of people involved, as we didn't Ship it, we drove it from person to person, and eventually to the abyssees.

Love those 6 bit words:rofl::rofl::rofl: "abysseration" that's a new one for me... had to look it up:D

Royall,
that's a term for shoving someone over the edge into the abyss called 'turning', so coined on another forum, and turned into a verb when they secretly (to the receipients anyway) took up a collection and gave a midi lathe with accessories to a worthy person, it got so successful they gave away two one time... it was a huge lot of fun, and got lots of people involved, as we didn't Ship it, we drove it from person to person, and eventually to the abyssees.
Not to worry Royall, I don't see Ned "driving" out to your place anytime soon. He might do OK on the first 2,600 miles, but the following 2,100 might get a little soggy. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Here's mine:

1. Stay employed in my present position. Highly probable but still with the economy being what it is, I worry.

2. Run a half marathon (or two). The first of which will be in May, the second in the fall sometime (November?).

3. Finally use my Vega lathe. A few years back I invested in a 24" bowl lathe. Without a doubt, the most expensive tool in my shop. However, for a lot of different reasons, I've yet to ever turn anything on it.:doh:

4. In order to make #3 happen, I need to hand dig an approximate 60' long trench 24" deep under at least 3 different irrigation lines, 1 natural gas line and one 30" sidewalk to run electrical line out to the "turning shed".

That almost sounds perverse!!:eek: Running around like a bunch of pushers trying to get more people addicted to lathes:rofl::rofl: Watch out Larry:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
It isn't called the dark side for nothing yaknow...
Not to worry Royall, I don't see Ned "driving" out to your place anytime soon. He might do OK on the first 2,600 miles, but the following 2,100 might get a little soggy. :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Hey, they do have rentals at the Airport Rennie... and Hawaii is on my short list of states I haven't visited yet...
Just remember, the first one is free, but you're on your own for the Robust! :rofl:

darn, and there I was hoping that the Robust was the free one. :rofl:
Kind of a self imposed excile:rofl::rofl:
we'll track you down...
Here's mine:

1. Stay employed in my present position. Highly probable but still with the economy being what it is, I worry.

2. Run a half marathon (or two). The first of which will be in May, the second in the fall sometime (November?).

3. Finally use my Vega lathe. A few years back I invested in a 24" bowl lathe. Without a doubt, the most expensive tool in my shop. However, for a lot of different reasons, I've yet to ever turn anything on it.:doh:

4. In order to make #3 happen, I need to hand dig an approximate 60' long trench 24" deep under at least 3 different irrigation lines, 1 natural gas line and one 30" sidewalk to run electrical line out to the "turning shed".

I don't feel so bad now... at least I've turned Something on my midi, if not as much as I'd like to...