Maple vase

Here is a maple vase I turned. This thing was cracking while I was turning it. I ended up with sanding dust and 5 minute epoxy. It held and turned out fairly decent. It has 2 coats of antique oil on it and will get one more then buffed after is has dried for a week or more. It is 6" tall by 5 1/2" across.

Attachments

• Maple Vase 1.jpg
    Maple Vase 1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Maple Vase 2.jpg
    Maple Vase 2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 40
Here is a maple vase I turned. This thing was cracking while I was turning it. I ended up with sanding dust and 5 minute epoxy. It held and turned out fairly decent. It has 2 coats of antique oil on it and will get one more then buffed after is has dried for a week or more. It is 6" tall by 5 1/2" across.

Like that one Bernie, prefer the mat finish achieved with the oil, don't know if I would feel the same if it buffs up to shiny.

Bernie,

What a nice piece! Glad you were able to save it. Would have been a shame to lose this wonderful wood. I look forward to seeing it when it's buffed out. Hard for me to tell which way works best at this juncture.

Regards,

Yea it wasn't as much work as the other but it had me worried for a little bit. I just hate doing all that work and then have it crumble in front of your eyes. I think today I will buff it and I will post a pic's of it.

Chas I am going to try to buff and keep a matte finish. We will see how it goes.