New Grizzly TS models

Jim O'Dell

Griz says these are due to hit them by the end of Jan. the G0690 and G0691. 3 HP, left tilt cab saws, with riving knives. Difference is the length of the rails. the 690 is 30" to the right of the blade, the 691 is 50" to right of the blade. Prices? 1250.00 and 1350.00 respectively!! :thumb::thumb: Picture of the trunnion appear to be slightly lighter than the 1023, but not terribly so. But the picture I saw is really hard to tell for sure. These 2 new saws are not on their website yet, but they do have the manual available to download. :huh: They are in the new catalog. I wrote Griz last night about the trunnion and got a reply today. Since they don't have the saw in stock yet, they can't answer my question about the weight difference of the 2 trunnions, or if the new one is indeed lighter than the 1023. Should know by mid Feb.
Also, the saw is white, with a green band at the bottom. Maybe it is cheaper for the relabel of the Shop Fox model? It looks like a winner. I'm anxious to see some reviews by people who see it in person. But this saw just went high up on the probable list of the TS I'll end up with if I buy new. Jim.

Hi Jim - I was looking at this pic the other day. It is hard to tell from the pics, but it looks to me like it may be a modified 1023 style trunnion that includes a riving knife. It's very different than the trunnions of their G0606X 12" saw. Here's a pic of each trunnion system.
G1023SL:

g1023sl_det1.jpg

G0690:
attachment.php

G606x:
g0606x_det4.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, I agree...it is much more like a modified 1023 trunnion. In fact, the one on the 606x looks like steel, and I can't imagine it holding up to a 12" 7 1/2 hp motor! I thought it was a trunnion off of a hybrid until I looked the saw up on their web site.
But the 690/691 trunnion still looks slightly lighter than the 1023. Mainly the back cast section. The front and rear part of the trunnion look virtually the same. Time will tell. Thanks for the pictures! Jim.

I'm resurrecting this thread to add something new. I just learned from a poster at the Creek, that Grizzly has updated the information on the G0690/1 saws to say that the 3 hp motor is a Leeson motor, just like the Laguna model that appears to be the same saw. Now that is just killer! Sure wish I had all the money to get one right now! :D Jim.