Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Mobile TS/Router Table

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    DSM, IA
    Posts
    5,719

    Mobile TS/Router Table

    I've been wanting to make this for quite awhile now. Just finished it up Sunday night, except for a few more add ons (TS dust collection, small drawer under router table) I'm working on lots of organization in the garage right now and will start a shop tour thread soon too.

    By turning the router table fence around I can get 25" of cut on the TS now! Eventually this will all be replaced by a contractor TS and drop in router table, but it will do for now. Total cost was $0 as I had all the scrap lumber laying around. The 3 drawers on the bottom are old army surplus a friend found in his basement and gave to me. Kind of a crude set up, but remember I most spin wood.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20090104_0011.JPG   20090104_0012.JPG   20090104_0013.JPG  
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    Posts
    9,076
    I'm not an organization nut (contrary to my many posts) but it sure feels good when you open up a bit of room or make few improvements to your work area doesn't it? Lookin' good. Rock on.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Posts
    1,071
    That is great Jeff. Perfect for the small shop and/or occasional project.



  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Posts
    13,440
    Nice use of scrap Jeff, looks real functional and thought out. It's nice to get that extra space back and have more function in the process.
    Darren

    To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    DSM, IA
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I'm not an organization nut (contrary to my many posts) but it sure feels good when you open up a bit of room or make few improvements to your work area doesn't it? Lookin' good. Rock on.
    Neither am I, in fact if you saw my garage your jaw would drop after seeing the mess in there (Everyone else's does too) I've got some projects in the works that will require some organization, so only out of necessity. It does feel good to have some elbow room, but the LOML seems to think the garage needs some "car room"...I need to do a google search on what that is.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    Posts
    9,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    the LOML seems to think the garage needs some "car room"...I need to do a google search on what that is.
    Get her to a doctor quick! I've heard about people who think cars actually belong in garages. A terrible malady.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Lakeport NY and/or the nearest hotel
    Posts
    5,533
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    Neither am I, in fact if you saw my garage your jaw would drop after seeing the mess in there (Everyone else's does too) I've got some projects in the works that will require some organization, so only out of necessity. It does feel good to have some elbow room, but the LOML seems to think the garage needs some "car room"...I need to do a google search on what that is.
    Long ago and many faded dreams ago the LOML and I used to drive around and look at houses together, and of course I would always mention that such and such a house had a 2 bay Shop on it, she'd reply with 'you mean garage'...

    I wonder if it is treatable?
    -Ned

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Constantine, MI
    Posts
    7,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bulken View Post
    Long ago and many faded dreams ago the LOML and I used to drive around and look at houses together, and of course I would always mention that such and such a house had a 2 bay Shop on it, she'd reply with 'you mean garage'...

    I wonder if it is treatable?
    I traded for the shop - We bought a house with a pool. She got the water, I got the shop. It has never had a car in it!
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    RETIRED(!) in Austintown, Ohio
    Posts
    5,320
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    I traded for the shop - We bought a house with a pool. She got the water, I got the shop. It has never had a car in it!
    When Mida and I were looking for a retirement place, we found this one. It has a two car attached garage, and a 26 X 32 detached (garage) Shop building as well. It also has a 14 X 40 finished room in the basement that is her quilting studio.

    We tell our friends that what we really bought was a 1˝ acre park with a sewing room, woodshop, and a small house on it...and we're not kidding!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    DSM, IA
    Posts
    5,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    We tell our friends that what we really bought was a 1˝ acre park with a sewing room, woodshop, and a small house on it...and we're not kidding!
    If my wife sewed, that sounds like heaven. Since she doesn't, I guess she could park in the sewing room.

    The LOML has been very paitent when it comes to getting the car in the garage, it hasn't been in there but once in the past 2 yrs. I told her last night that she can have it in there as a Valentines Day present...maybe I should tell her I only ment for the day of Feb. 14th.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website


Similar Threads

  1. Drop Down Mobile Assembly Table
    By Dewayne Baker in forum Jigs and Fixtures
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-08-2014, 05:35 AM
  2. I found space on my table saw's mobile base to store several systainers
    By Frank Pellow in forum General Woodworking Q&A
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 07:13 AM
  3. Ryobi tabletop router table and router combo
    By allen levine in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 02:02 AM
  4. Rockler Router Table and Router Startup Special
    By glenn bradley in forum Hot Deals
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2008, 02:56 PM
  5. Mobile base for table saw
    By Dennis Thompson in forum General Woodworking Q&A
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 01:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •