Photo Tutorial

Neal, Great tutorial and good examples, thanks for taking the time to post. I've recently taken up photography and had just discovered the DPS site, seems to have some great content as well. Thanks

Thanks, thanks a lot Neal, I was looking for such sort of tutorial, I've marked it, I've read it, I'll print it , I'll study it and I will apply the hints shown for sure!:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great tutorial, Neal. And I can always say "I knew him back when he was using and Instamatic and flash cubes." :rofl:

Fantastic Neal, thank you for making such an easy to read tutorial. Most are so dry and boring I am lucky if I read more than a page or two.... made it all the way through this one!

LOL! Ever seen the cost of a Gitzo tripod? And that $4K wouldn't even cover a Nikon 300mm f/2.8 lens!

Trust me, friends... forget about that tutorial and DO NOT enter the photo vortex! :rofl:

LOL! Ever seen the cost of a Gitzo tripod? And that $4K wouldn't even cover a Nikon 300mm f/2.8 lens!

Trust me, friends... forget about that tutorial and DO NOT enter the photo vortex! :rofl:

It's too late for that really. I fell in quite some time ago, though I make do getting the best shots I can with my little Olympus AZ-2 zoom. Some day I will have a Nikon D series with all sorts of nifty lenses and filters and Photo Lights and other fun assorted stuff.... and certainly when the funds are available for one of those so too will there be funds for a course in PhotoShop.

(He's just only barely scratched the surface and doesn't know just how big this photo thing can get ;) )

Attachments

• tn_9-17-05 012.jpg
    tn_9-17-05 012.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 10
  • tn_dragonflysquare.jpg
    tn_dragonflysquare.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 8
  • tn_- 026.jpg
    tn_- 026.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 6
  • tn_busybee.jpg
    tn_busybee.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 12
  • tn_frogNiris.jpg
    tn_frogNiris.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 13
  • tn_frogNlily.jpg
    tn_frogNlily.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 12
  • tn_NYE05.jpg
    tn_NYE05.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 10
  • tn_flyinglessons2.jpg
    tn_flyinglessons2.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Has anyone ever use Picasa 3? I've used Picasa for storing my photos for about 2 years, but never downloaded their software. I just watched the youtube video showing its features and it looks pretty cool...best of all it's a free download.

YouTube Link

Neal,
Thanks for the post, always looking for help in my photography... some day I hope to find a camera that see the same thing I do when I look at a photo subject :).

I copied your tutorial and converted it to PDF for storage in my tutorial files... with proper credit to the author :type: