Problem with scaling a project in SU and using the Cutlist plugin

Naw. I'm buying the extension from Quality Griding but they will make it to your specs so I was using SU for the layout of the miter T-slots, plate opening, and mounting holes. But I have to make a cabinet underneath the extension to support the 110 Lb weight and provide some storage. Plus I'm working on a SU file for a new storage cabinet stand under my Performax sander. So Once I get those 2 cabinets figured out, that's when I'll need to use the Cutlist plugin. Glad this thread came up though, as I think I'll stay away from using the Scale tool for any of this. That's not really a problem for me as I've never really figured out how to use it yet anyway.:D

They've added a manufacturers forum on SMC and a number of folks have been adding their router TS extensions
http://www.qualitygrinding.com/
I've had a couple conversations with them already but just had to pin down how I wanted mine laid out. This is going to let me get rid of my router table altogether and reclaim some badly needed shop space. Also getting rid of my Incra setup for a simpler router fence I can just hang up somewhere when not in use. It didn't make a lot of sense after getting the Woodrat mounting (finally) done to keep a separate dedicated router table and I need the space pretty bad, so Quality's extensions came up at a good time.

I'll add that Scale tool to the list of things I still need to get figured out in SU:D I'm getting better at it, but it still doesn't come real quick or easy.

Last edited: