Thread: Ridgid 12v litium drill

Ridgid 12v litium drill

Does anyone have any comments on Ridgids 12v lithium? I'm going to replace my deWalt drills(have 3) and the free battery replacement on the Ridgid appears attractive. I liked the deWalts but frankly their batteries are too expensive.

Howard,

Don't know about that one. I have this one:

http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R86006-C...l/EN/index.htm

And I'm pretty happy with it, even though the price was shocking!

Thanks,

Bill

Ridgid is a great drill { even if it made overseas }

Howard : My Ridgid drill has been a dandy drill set-up and it seems like to me as I remember the price wasn't that bad at the time . I have the 14-volt model that I brought several years ago with the extra battery with the life time replacement on the whole drill unless I drop it off of a three story building and it bust all to pieces . This is what the main office of Ridgid told me when I called to ask about the lifetime free replacement on the drill and battery . I was told at the Home depot store if the battery ever went bad that all I had to do is to bring in the receipt and bad battery and they would give me a new one right there on the spot ...It hasn't happened yet so we'll see........Marshall.........
    Usually Busier than a Cat In A sand Box : Arkansas Red Wolf & Razorbacks Fan

The receipt is the hooker. How many of us can find receipts for items purchased several years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    The receipt is the hooker. How many of us can find receipts for items purchased several years ago?
    Right! Besides, why should you need a receipt? HD is the only place that sells RidGid, isn't it?
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Frank,

Actually, the Depot here is pretty good about that. I never have to bring back a receipt, I just bring back the returnables and the credit card I used to pay (Doorlink makes me always use the same one, so it's not a problem). They look it up in their system, and life is good. That way, I don't have to track paper, and they don't have to track paper, so everyone wins...

Thanks,

Bill

I Do Keep up With Receipts { Your Better off To In The Long Run }

Howard : The reason that I called the main Home Depot was I just wanted to know exactly how the warranty worked before I brought their product . And this is what the H.R. people told me just to keep up with the receipt . I guess this was just for my own protection in the long run . The warranty covered bumper to bumper on the drill for a life time ,this was at that time if i brought one , and so I did and put it in my son's name ............food for thought .....Marshall..
    Usually Busier than a Cat In A sand Box : Arkansas Red Wolf & Razorbacks Fan