Blum Tandem plus Blumotion Drawer Slides

I went to their Web Site, where they have several files. Because I can't see pdf files here at work you may want to take a look.

Also check suppliers (Rockler & Woodcraft) to see if they have instructions.

Woodworker's Supply has some instruction sheets here.

They are VERY easy to install. What kind of drawer are you using? How thick are the sides? There is a chart (I'm looking on page 21 of the Tandem brochure) for drawer width vs. drawer side thickness. For 1/2 in. sides subtract 5/8" from opening to get drawer width. This is for the 562H full extension runner. YMMV depending on drawer side thickness and the specific runner choosen.

Inset vs. overlay effects the setback of the runner. Which style of drawer do you have?

Also are the cabinets face frame or not? Mounting varies a bit with each style.

Last edited:
hey peter, they are very easy. assuming you have built the drawers for the slides. they are not like KV ball bearing slides where everything has a 1/2" offset.

the pdf's on their site are very helpful.

have you built the drawers? what is the side thickness?

The commercial hardware dealer that I buy mine from had all of the blum alignment fixtures, drill bits as well as screws and screwdriver bits that you need. I do not have the part numbers but your dealer should be able to find them for you. With the blum jigs they are very easy to use and give you a top quality drawer. LOL