Big day, made it over a big hurdle

allen levine

I know I've made references to not having a mortgage, but I was close enough that I saw the light at the end.(after 20 years, a few payments seem like nothing, well until you write out the check at least)
Today I arranged my final home mortgage payment.
Feels good.
The piece of equipment I still need, that bandsaw, seems alot closer now.

Wow, that is a huge milestone, congrats to you and your family! :thumb:

I remember when my aunt and uncle had a mortgage burning party, it certainly is a mile stone :D

Allen,
Congrats I know that's a big weight off you're shoulders.
clap.gif
clap.gif

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS to you Allen.:thumb: I know the feeling WELL, since we have paid off our house THREE times, ...........but then the LOML always seems to come up with SOMETHING ELSE she wants to do that is NEVER inexpensive, Sooooooooo..........we're enjoying making payments again, (for the FOURTH time) on the same house.:rolleyes::bang::bang::bang:

I guess I shouldn't really complain, since my SHOP building and a couple of new tools kinda got included in the mix this last time.:D

Congrats Allen! It's always nice to have such a large debt over and done with. A home that is actually yours and not the bank's adds a great deal of security, doesn't it? ;)

Well done Allen!! That's the kind of good news that just makes me smile, knowing that someone else is feeling good!

cheers

John

Congrats, Allen! I know it's a really good feeling!

I got to do that several years ago, and still remember how great it was (is) to be a homeOWNER instead of a home buyer!

Congrats, Allen!

We're 1 year down and 20-something to go. We're doing a little early payment up front to help shave down some of that term. Long way to go!!!

I am debt free except for my house and that won't pay off anytime soon. But I a big fan of debt free living. A bit of unasked for advice here.

Take that money you were paying and save it. Or at least something close to what your payment was. Suddenly in a year or so you have money in the bank, a good bit of it too. When you need something you just buy it. When the car breaks you just pay for it. No panic, no fear or dread when something comes up. You just hate to turn loose of it but your glad yo have it to turn loose of. Dave Ramsey calls it Murphy repellent. :rofl:

What Jeff said. (I'm glad I thought of that,lol) Makes perfect sense as you were paying it out before anyway. Even if it's a partial amount, it will still add up and be there if you need it.

Good "unasked for" advice, Jeff.

Aloha and enjoy it Allen,

Tony