Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Retirement pastime

Retirement pastime

Looking for plans to make end grain cutting boards and ran across this web site.
    I am new to this area so please be gentle. I have been making end grain boards and also cheese boards with wire cutter and in looking at what has gone on it isn't any plan but what you like. When I figure it out I will show pictures of what I have so far in my saw dust pit called a work shop.
    The best
    David Johnson

Alexandria, Virginia
    Welcome David.

Don't worry, we are gentle; for about five seconds.
    Great project, cutting boards, and the end-grain really holds up. Take a look around and ask as many questions as your retired fingertips can type.

Do take a moment to add your location to your profile (found under "User CP")

And before anyone else says it, please post pictures of your work.

Kansas City, Missouri
    Welcome to the family David!

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

DSM, IA
    David, Welcome to the Family.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Mountain Home, Arkansas
    Welcome to the Family and (somewhat) neighborhood. I'm from Mountain Home, Arkie. Got several others from closer to you in MO.

Rio Rancho, NM
    Welcome to the Family, David. You'll find lots and lots of pictures of some really nice cutting boards here. They seem to be all the rage lately. I've never made one, but I think that's going onto my list to try.
    Nancy Laird
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Delton, Michigan
    welcome david,, to bad your retired, that meanes you wont have enough time to get what you used to be able to get done on agiven day..time seems to go faster in retirment
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Tokyo Japan
    Welcome to the Family David

Cutting boards are neat projects, and almost always very appreciated when given as gifts!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    Welcome aboard. Fear not, we are pretty civilized . . . no wait, that's not it . . . We're courteous . . . no that's not right either. Oh well, welcome on in anyway ;-)
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Indianapolis area
    Welcome to the Family! You have found good people with good info. I think you will like it here.

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi