Kitchen redo

I'm bored today :dunno:... so here's a couple pics of what we did to brighten up the kitchen in the new-old house (that we bought last summer). Cabinets are the original 1949 built-in place. I left them not only for budgetary reasons, but also to keep some 'old' to the house. Our fridge wouldn't fit in the hole, so I put a drawer stack there for pots and pans and plastic ware. I think there were probably drawers where the dishwasher is, as that was just put in the previous summer. Pretty dreary...

kitchen1old.jpg

kitchen2old.jpg

And not so much now. Still smallish, tho.

kitchennew1.jpg

kitchennew2.jpg

KC,
Looks charming, one question... where's the new fridge?
To the right of the doorway into the family room. It's the black thing in the third picture. I also added some pantry space to the left of the range. Used to be just an 8" or so deep space 38" wide between a tiny pantry cabinet and the other door out to the dining room. Previous owner said she fought with the other pantry for 59 years... never 'saw' the other space like I did. I'm not sure how much 'seeing' was involved. We needed a place for cans. :dunno: And NO, I don't intend to paint the inside of the doors. :eek:

pantry2.jpg

If I could go back to July, I'd rip out these cabinets and start over. Now I've got tile on the counter and crown around the uppers... so I'll have to leave them alone for awhile. It was more LOML's decision to keep them (budgetary!)... but now she's the one wanting to change. Prolly about 10 days after occupying the new shop she'll start hounding me about building some.

To the right of the doorway into the family room. It's the black thing in the third picture. ...It was more LOML's decision to keep them (budgetary!)... but now she's the one wanting to change. Prolly about 10 days after occupying the new shop she'll start hounding me about building some.

From the pics, it appears the fridge is blocking a doorway - or did you 'wall-in' the original door?

As for LOYL's wanting to change, you better plan on the new kitchen cabinets being the first project in the soon-to-be new shop! :D:D

To the right of the doorway into the family room. It's the black thing in the third picture. I also added some pantry space to the left of the range. Used to be just an 8" or so deep space 38" wide between a tiny pantry cabinet and the other door out to the dining room. Previous owner said she fought with the other pantry for 59 years... never 'saw' the other space like I did. I'm not sure how much 'seeing' was involved. We needed a place for cans. :dunno: And NO, I don't intend to paint the inside of the doors. :eek:

pantry2.jpg

If I could go back to July, I'd rip out these cabinets and start over. Now I've got tile on the counter and crown around the uppers... so I'll have to leave them alone for awhile. It was more LOML's decision to keep them (budgetary!)... but now she's the one wanting to change. Prolly about 10 days after occupying the new shop she'll start hounding me about building some.

He he he, I was paying to much attention to the cabinetry I didn't notice the fridge. Still and all, nice job on the new construction. good luck with the next phase!:rofl: