pip creamon box for horse

Hey all. This is a box i'm building for my brother and SIL. belive it or not it is for there horses ashes.They had her for over 20 years and just couldn't just drag her into the back pasture like my grand father use to do,so they had her creamoned. When they had her creamoned they wanted 250 dollars for a cheap pine box.Well Roger (brother) said he would build one him self.To make a long story shorter he dont have the tools to make it the way he wanted.So a coumple weeks ago he called me and asked if i would make one.THis is what i'm building he said to do what ever i wanted.It is the first time chip carving but i really wanted to do some thing special,as i've never built any thing for them.I know my carving needs a lot more pratice but i'm shore they should like it.Will post finished photos when finished if any instrist.
Steve

Attachments

• 001 [640x480].JPG
    001 [640x480].JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 002 [640x480].JPG
    002 [640x480].JPG
    69 KB · Views: 54
  • 003 [640x480].JPG
    003 [640x480].JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 79
Very nice box, and the carvings looks excellent to me. :thumb:
Vaughn thanks. don't know about excellent but thanks anyway.:)

I'm sure they will love it, very well done :clap:
Stewart Ibelieve they will but who knows. you would have to know my SIL.:dunno:
Steve that is a great touch to the piece. What an awesome gift, they will love it. I think the carvings look great also
Westley if they like it half as good as that crib you built for your SIL i'll be happy.

really nice work.
Ken thanks
Very nice. Even the mere thought of carving terrifies me, so kudos to you for giving it a whirl. Great looking outcome!

Mark know sense in being terrifed as what's the worst that you can do but make some more designer fire wood.:eek:
Heres a pic of the top with 2 coats of laquar .still need to sand with some 6 or 8 hundred paper when put at least one if not two more coats on.
Steve

Attachments

• 004 [640x480].JPG
    004 [640x480].JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 27
.... Looks good and yes I would like to see the finished product.
Thanks for showing :).

Hey all. This is a box i'm building for my brother and SIL. belive it or not it is for there horses ashes.They had her for over 20 years and just couldn't just drag her into the back pasture like my grand father use to do,so they had her creamoned. When they had her creamoned they wanted 250 dollars for a cheap pine box.Well Roger (brother) said he would build one him self.To make a long story shorter he dont have the tools to make it the way he wanted.So a coumple weeks ago he called me and asked if i would make one.THis is what i'm building he said to do what ever i wanted.It is the first time chip carving but i really wanted to do some thing special,as i've never built any thing for them.I know my carving needs a lot more pratice but i'm shore they should like it.Will post finished photos when finished if any instrist.
Steve