Candle sticks.

Joe Penney

Here are a couple of Candle sticks I made from an old cutting board that fell apart. It is my first atempt at making two identical pieces.
I reglued the maple sections of the old cutting board into 2 1\2 inch squares and turned them down.
The bases are around 3 inches. The spindles are about 2 1\4 dia. They are finished with Red Mahogany stain and a number of coats of Danish oil. I glued in brass inserts to take a standard 3\4 inch candles. I really don't like the way the maple took the stain. I have a lot to learn about staining.

Joe

Attachments

• Joes Pictures 022.jpg
    Joes Pictures 022.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 68
Just learning the picture post thing.

This should be a larger picture.

Attachments

• Joes Pictures 022.jpg
    Joes Pictures 022.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 35
The candlesticks look real nice, Joe. Even though you don't like the stain job, I think it has a nice time-worn look to it. Making two identical shapes is pretty challenging, huh? You pulled it off well.

The second pic looks good, too. Glad to see you're getting the picture thing figured out. You can usually reduce the "quality" (or increase the compression, depending on what your software calls it) and increase the pixel size without the actual file size increasing.

The candlesticks look real nice, Joe. Even though you don't like the stain job, I think it has a nice time-worn look to it. Making two identical shapes is pretty challenging, huh? You pulled it off well.

I agree, they don't look new, they look well used and I like it. They also pretty much identical. :thumb:

They don't look new.

Hi Guys: Well the flat finish on the candle sticks didn't sit to well with the LOML. So I gave them a couple of coats of polyuratane. They came out with a nice shine, and she loved them after that. Now she would like a nice vase along the same design to put some flowers in for the dining table. I will post pics when it is finished. It is nice to keep her happy.

Joe