Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Big Thank You to Ken Werner

A Big Thank You to Ken Werner

A few weeks ago I offered to tig weld a Travisher that Ken had gotten defectively. I'll be honest, it only took an hour or so of my time and while it came out well, hey it was no big deal. In fact the act was a promise I made to Tod for giving me a ball bearing I needed for my weathervane.

Pay if forward Tod said. So I did.

One of the things I am really not good about is accepting gifts graciously, so Ken got me good by sending a Pencil Box, FULL OF COLORED PENCILS, for Alyson as a thank you. What Ken did not know was that Alyson loves to draw and color, so it was the perfect gift. In fact its 10 times better then the Tupperware Tub we were using before. For the record the Tupperware lacks hand cut dovetails and a pencil box with a story.

So thank you Ken and here is a picture of Alyson in use. The work you did building the box was 100 times harder then what I did for the Travisher but Alyson loves it. Seems like we are putting the Family in Family Woodworking huh?

I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"

Atta boy ken
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

way to go ken, nice job!
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Way to go Tod for starting this, Travis for being the middle man, and Ken for the current end result. This type of ethics has made this my number one site to visit and participate on. Good job on all of you (and those not mentioned but deserving of such praise).
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Not much to add.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    Not much to add.
    Except my cudos and another . Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Way to go Tod for starting this, Travis for being the middle man, and Ken for the current end result. This type of ethics has made this my number one site to visit and participate on. Good job on all of you (and those not mentioned but deserving of such praise).
    Can't say it any better than that!
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Terrific story. Congratulations to you both (for fixing the travisher and for the box).

Mike
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

the guy's got class.

now i have to go surf the internet and find tig welding and what on earth is a Travisher(is it something that Travis invented?)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Shively View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim DeLaney View Post
    Can't say it any better than that!
    Jim I was about to do exactly what you did before I even saw your post. Then I decided what the heck I will just quote you quoting Jonathan and add my view that you really cant say it any better than that. Its the reason I joined this site and the only site I frequent. Boy life is looking up when you see this goodwill.
    cheers