The Toasting Box

Ron Roase

This project was for a group of guys that have been fishing buddys for a number of years. The guy who started the fishing get together has passed away. The eight remaining members wanted to drink a toast to the founder at the fishing opener. My friend and I decided to make a box to hold there choice of drink. So we designed and built this box for them. I did most of the wood work and my buddy did the finishing. I had never used Popular before in this type of work. But was surprised at how well it machined.:D
Hope they enjoy it as much as we enjoyed making it.:rofl::rofl:

Attachments

• Box 1.jpg
    Box 1.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Box 2.jpg
    Box 2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 54
  • Box 3.jpg
    Box 3.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Box 4.jpg
    Box 4.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 72
Ron, I tend to go for the pics first and read second. Guy thing? I don't know. Anyway, I was thinking it was walnut. Huh, go figure. Turned out really nice! Very creative.

Great box and a great idea and it looks beautiful. Not my favorite drink though. Reminds me a little of the movie Bucket List. What happens in the future when one of the eight disapears. Box will need a plug then I guess otherwise someone is going to have an extra drink.

Thanks for all the kind words,much appreciated.
Royall: as far as the grean cast goes.... I was able to find enough nice grain for the top of the box that was green free,but the rest has that greenish tint to it. It was stained finished with clear then sanded off and re- stained to get the look we wanted. Wanted to use Mahogany, but to high for my budget:rolleyes: