Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Creole Jambalaya

Creole Jambalaya

If you're interested in cooking, I put up directions on how to make creole jambalaya on my web site. You can see it here.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jambalaya-23.jpg  
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

YUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMYYYYYYY!!! Thanks Mike.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

whats a fellar from the west coast doin eatin southern food?? thanks for the recipe
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by larry merlau View Post
    whats a fellar from the west coast doin eatin southern food?? thanks for the recipe
    I'm a west coast transplant - I'm originally from New Orleans, and son of a Cajun mother.

Mike
    Ancora imparo
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Looks good Mike!

I got a question for you, if I cook up a big pot of this, can I freeze it and reheat it easily?

I like to cook ups big pots of stuff, and then freeze about half of it, and take it to the L shop for my dinner, just a few minutes in the microwave, and I have a good hot, hearty meal.

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Can I use a 7/25 gouge to cut the sausage up?

Hey Mike, Speaking of cooking something unusual. I found a breadfruit in the store the other day and cooked it up for the kids this morning. It's not too bad. Has a slight squash taste and is quite filling. Since I retired and the wife went back to work I've been doing more of the cooking. It's kind of fun in the mad chemist sort of way to do experiments with different foods and use the kids for guinea pigs. So far they have liked dad cooking in the kitchen. I've been trying to be more health conscious and figure to eat more veggies and fruits. Some of my successes have been left-over lasagna and sea food pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Looks good Mike!

I got a question for you, if I cook up a big pot of this, can I freeze it and reheat it easily?

I like to cook ups big pots of stuff, and then freeze about half of it, and take it to the L shop for my dinner, just a few minutes in the microwave, and I have a good hot, hearty meal.

Cheers!
    You can freeze and re-heat jambalaya. Over time in the freezer, the jambalaya will "dry" out so when you re-heat it, add a bit of water before you put it in the microwave (or however you heat it). You'll have to stir it when heating it in the microwave or only the outside will get hot.

But I'll bet if you make it, there won't be any left to freeze. I put the leftovers in the frig and we eat on it for the next few days. It's also a good dish to divide and give some to your neighbor. Helps keep them from complaining about the woodworking.

Mike
    Ancora imparo

well you can move next to me mike any time,, if you feed me like that i wil leven move the pigs that the ashman told me to raise on the hill out back
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Shame on you,Mike. Here I am with a freezer full of Vegi soup I just made and you show this. I'm drooling all over my keyboard.

What is the total volumn at completion.

Bruce
    Bruce Shiverdecker - Retired Starving Artist ( No longer a Part timer at Woodcraft, Peoria, Il.)

"The great thing about turning is that all you have to do is remove what's not needed and you have something beautiful. Nature does the hard part!"