New Hand Plane, New Material?
Just thought I would have a little fun here and see if anyone can guess what kind of crazy hand plane I am creating now. I'll give you the qualities of this new material and you can make guesses as to what this material is. There is no prize for winning, just FWW bragging rights. Extra bragging rights for those who get the patented name of this material
1. Its 100% biodegradable though the cutting iron will be metal
2. If I drop it, it will dent, but not shatter
3. If I drop it in water, it will float
4. This material is not new, it was touted in 1943 or so but has never been used in any true application that I know of
5. It consists of two materials EVERY woodworker has in its shop; bar none
6. It can be cold welded, in fact it does not take heat to fuse together
7. Casting this material is incredibly simple, but cure time can be quite slow
That is all I can think of for now, but may be able to add other materials if guesses are way off. Guess away, and yes this is a WILD material to use as a handplane.
I have no intention of traveling from birth to the grave in a manicured and well preserved body; but rather I will skid in sideways, totally beat up, completely worn out, utterly exhausted and jump off my tractor and loudly yell, "Wow, this is what it took to feed a nation!"