Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Attack of the Creeping Meatball

Angry Attack of the Creeping Meatball

Last night out in the shop I had an epiphany... it is Time, no matter how Cold it gets tomorrow, I absolutely Must get the shop cleaned out of sawdust and scraps. My past few trips out there have been in 'production' mode and while that is a good thing when you get things done, there comes a time when you have to pay the piper.

While it isn't going to be on the scale of Glenn''s or Rennie's shop rehab, I definitely have some work ahead of me. The planer shavings were literally ankle deep in spots last night. My DC is still in pieces from being in storage so I've been letting the chips fly as they will. Of course that meant that I got an oh so 'healthy' dose of Dust last night as well. I also have this growing pile of scraps to deal with. I am literally considering a bonfire in the backyard tomorrow to get the pieces which won't make it as pen blanks or other scrappy items under control.

I also need to clear my two benches off and get them pushed back against the wall. I've been working in a very small space in the center of my very small shop the past few trips, of course I've also been huddling near my kerosene heater those same trips, so moving around wasn't a priority. Last night however I realized that had to be dealt with as well. SO, I'm going to layer up, and tackle the reorganization. Wish me luck!
    -Ned

Good Luck Ned! Something tells me your going to need it.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Good luck - it will be difficult, but it will be worth the effort.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Clean-up??????? Whats that????? Those shavings and dust are free insulation Ned

Seriously though, if you need to clean up cuz you've been working in your shop, I'd say you beat Stu and his aparto reno.....I mean last I heard he didn't have a working bathroom yet

Well done. Now clean it up and get it dirty again!!!!
    Every child deserves a family. Adopt. Foster. Get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Stratton View Post
    Clean-up??????? Whats that????? Those shavings and dust are free insulation Ned
    Um... my feet don't get that cold Barry...
    Seriously though, if you need to clean up cuz you've been working in your shop, I'd say you beat Stu and his aparto reno.....I mean last I heard he didn't have a working bathroom yet

Well done. Now clean it up and get it dirty again!!!!
    Thanks,
    I dunno.. I am working out there, but it isn't really finished... though my wife does frequently 'kick me out' to the shop. She gets positively emphatic about it. I almost didn't go out there last night so I could attend our son's first Box-Lacrosse game of the season. She firmly said 'No, you're going out to the shop'.

I'm going to cut out from work a tad early today, I left my electric oil filled radiator set low under my TS I'm hoping that will combine with the 'heat wave' (above freezing) and I'll get a lot done tonight on the cleanup and cutting boards.
    -Ned

???????????????????????? Did you get the insulation finished????????????????????
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Rise up and abandon the creeping meatball!

Ned, is it any warmer on the south shore of Lake Ontario than on the north shore?

Quote Originally Posted by Bart Leetch View Post
    ???????????????????????? Did you get the insulation finished????????????????????
    um, that would be a bit of a chore with the clutter... one of the reasons that I'm going to be cleaning.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Satko View Post
    Rise up and abandon the creeping meatball!
    Roger that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Brubacher View Post
    Ned, is it any warmer on the south shore of Lake Ontario than on the north shore?
    I believe so, we're above freezing today, not much, but when compared to the past 30 days it is positively balmy!
    -Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bulken View Post
    I believe so, we're above freezing today, not much, but when compared to the past 30 days it is positively balmy!
    Aside from the 109" of snow.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com