Attack of the Creeping Meatball

Ned Bulken

Last night out in the shop I had an epiphany... it is Time, no matter how Cold it gets tomorrow, I absolutely Must get the shop cleaned out of sawdust and scraps. My past few trips out there have been in 'production' mode and while that is a good thing when you get things done, there comes a time when you have to pay the piper.

While it isn't going to be on the scale of Glenn''s or Rennie's shop rehab, I definitely have some work ahead of me. The planer shavings were literally ankle deep in spots last night. My DC is still in pieces from being in storage so I've been letting the chips fly as they will. Of course that meant that I got an oh so 'healthy' dose of Dust last night as well. I also have this growing pile of scraps to deal with. I am literally considering a bonfire in the backyard tomorrow to get the pieces which won't make it as pen blanks or other scrappy items under control.

I also need to clear my two benches off and get them pushed back against the wall. I've been working in a very small space in the center of my very small shop the past few trips, of course I've also been huddling near my kerosene heater those same trips, so moving around wasn't a priority. Last night however I realized that had to be dealt with as well. SO, I'm going to layer up, and tackle the reorganization. Wish me luck!:rofl:

Clean-up??????? Whats that????? Those shavings and dust are free insulation Ned:D

Seriously though, if you need to clean up cuz you've been working in your shop, I'd say you beat Stu and his aparto reno.....I mean last I heard he didn't have a working bathroom yet:rofl:

Well done. Now clean it up and get it dirty again!!!!:thumb::thumb:

Clean-up??????? Whats that????? Those shavings and dust are free insulation Ned:D
Um... my feet don't get that cold Barry...
Seriously though, if you need to clean up cuz you've been working in your shop, I'd say you beat Stu and his aparto reno.....I mean last I heard he didn't have a working bathroom yet:rofl:

Well done. Now clean it up and get it dirty again!!!!:thumb::thumb:
Thanks,
I dunno.. I am working out there, but it isn't really finished... though my wife does frequently 'kick me out' to the shop. She gets positively emphatic about it. I almost didn't go out there last night so I could attend our son's first Box-Lacrosse game of the season. She firmly said 'No, you're going out to the shop'. :huh::eek:

I'm going to cut out from work a tad early today, I left my electric oil filled radiator set low under my TS I'm hoping that will combine with the 'heat wave' (above freezing) and I'll get a lot done tonight on the cleanup and cutting boards.

???????????????????????? Did you get the insulation finished????????????????????
um, that would be a bit of a chore with the clutter... one of the reasons that I'm going to be cleaning.

Rise up and abandon the creeping meatball!
Roger that!
Ned, is it any warmer on the south shore of Lake Ontario than on the north shore?

I believe so, we're above freezing today, not much, but when compared to the past 30 days it is positively balmy!

Good luck Ned. When you head for the shop, set a timer in the kitchen for about an hour. If the folks in the house haven't seen you by the time the dinger, dings. They should come to look for you to make sure you're not buried in there somewhere!

Oh, good. I thought I had missed it! I just knew when your shop was finished it would make network news. :rofl: :clap:

oh heck yeah! You'd know about it from the grapevine...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Jeff as they say in the MC Card Advert Priceless.:rofl:
oh no, that was a very expensive remark... ;) (he says, mentally totalling up what the supplies are going to cost me to finish this year...)

Ah yes, even thought the temperatures are about the same, they get a lot more lake effect snow to the southeast of the lake.

Oh well, snow is an excellent insulator as well.

yep, look in the dictionary under 'lake effect' and you'll see a map of Syracuse and the surrounding northeastern section of NY.

well, the temp dropped a good 20* in about an hour and a half while I was cleaning.

Unfortunately the wind picked up as the front came through, and when the doors blew open on their own I said 'enough' (actually it was more something that wouldn't pass the Coc...)

and sorry Larry... my spinny thing wound up on the benchtop and I just had to try out my new scroll chuck...