Attack of the Creeping Meatball

well, the temp dropped a good 20* in about an hour and a half while I was cleaning.

Unfortunately the wind picked up as the front came through, and when the doors blew open on their own I said 'enough' (actually it was more something that wouldn't pass the Coc...)

i had that happen once and its really cold with the door open,, you get done what yur doin much faster
:rofl:

yep, look in the dictionary under 'lake effect' and you'll see a map of Syracuse and the surrounding northeastern section of NY.

We don't get near the snow out here as we did where I grew up between Buffalo and Rochester. When we weren't getting hit by Lake Erie snow it meant the winds had shifted and Lake Ontario was tagged in for delivery. :rofl:

Ned, why not take some advice from Travis and just build a 30' tall pykrete igloo to insulate your shop for the rest of the winter? :rofl:

Ned, there is only one way to stop the lake effect snow, hope for a long spell of really cold weather so that the lake freezes over completely. This has happened twice in recorded history.
An exerpt from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lake_Ontario

Lake Ontario has completely frozen over on only two recorded occasions: during the winter of 1874-75, and in February 1934.

That would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Who would want to suffer the cold necessary to freeze over the lakes to avoid the lake effect? Burrrr!:)

Lake Huron rolls, Superior sings
In the ruins of her ice water mansion
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams,
The islands and bays are for sportsmen.

And farther below Lake Ontario
Takes in what Lake Erie can send her