Thread: Treadmill

Treadmill

Will a treadmill motor & control work to power a lathe?
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

The short answer? probably - if it's a good enough treadmill that is truly variable speed.

Some folks have done it. I have the guts of one laying around but I'm still looking for a new controller (burnt mine up, dagnabbit!). I may use it to add VS to my jet mini oneday
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

I'd think it would work. It's may be DC powered, if so you'd need a DC controller or the treadmill's controller.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Beam View Post
    I have the guts of one laying around but I'm still looking for a new controller (burnt mine up, dagnabbit!). I may use it to add VS to my jet mini oneday
    I had to replace the controller on our treadmill. Found a place on the web that sells them. It was $200 bucks to fix our sears unit

PS. treadmilldoctor.com was the place. Sold virtually anything you need for treadmills.
    Last edited by Royall Clark; 01-24-2009 at 05:17 PM.
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.

I have two treadmills (now stripped to boxes of parts) that I hope to re-purpose. The issue I have is with the control boards and panels.

There are so many options and extra features 'built-in' the boards. How do I isolate to just on/off, variable speed, and is it possible to reverse direction? Different board? From where?

All that printed circuitry is a mystery to me.