Thread: Well family, I am sorry to say,

Well family, I am sorry to say,

ONLY 342 days left until Christmas!!!!!!!!! (sorry Stu)
    But seriously, what got me thinking of this above line, went to town with my wife and daughter last night. Oldest turned 21, so we took her to TGIFriday so I could buy her her first legal drink, she left her ID at home and drank a diet coke (told her to just keep doing that the rest of her life and she will be fine!) Anyway, after a stop at the gun store (yep, ordered another one! ) stopped at WalMart. Back in the clearance aisles, 12 ornaments per package, 50 cents per package!!!!!!!!! I only got two of the finial addition ornaments completed this year, but I bought 6 packages last night. I am thinking my family will be getting some hometurned ornaments for Christmas this year. So, turners, hit your local wally world and get some cheap turning projects laid back.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

Would you please post a picture? I have never seen turned ornaments at the several wally world super stores around here. I just want to make sure not making the style. Never want people think that I am so cheap to break up the 50 package, burn my name on the bottom and give them a 4.17 gift.
    Gordon

I'm pretty sure he is talking about the plastic Christmas balls that look like the glass ones. You drill a hole in the top and bottom and turn the wood finial and hangy down part. Do a search for K-mart ornaments if my memory didn't fail.
    Last edited by Dale Johnson; 01-24-2009 at 02:01 PM.

Gordon, here's a [direct link] to my "mini tutorial" for adding turned wooden finials to a plastic-globed ornament.

Kudos Jonathan! You've already made twice as many of these as I have! Did you take any pics for show-and-tell?

Very neat idea, thanks all for posting. I may have to drive by Wally's today and see what's up.

Yes, Kerry's ornament idea!!!!! Sorry Kerry, I didn't take the time to find the exact post address. You know, finials sound so simple, look so innocent and I do not have enough practice yet to post a picture!!!!! There is one hanging on the chalkboard at school in my room. If I think of it next week, will take a picture and post.
    Jon

God and family, the rest is icing on the cake. I'm so far behind, I think I'm in first place!

Host of the 2015 FAMILY WOODWORKING GATHERING

342 days to Christmas! Wow that means only 342 till my Christmas present arrives in the form of retirement.
    Bernie W.

Retirement: Thats when you return from work one day
    and say, Hi, Honey, Im home forever.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.