Next mill

Jim Burr

This is some dry walnut picked up on ebay. There are some tiny worm hole that I didn't have to pay extra for :p. It's about 10" and has one of three coats of (this one's for you Bernie) wipe on poly...I finally broke down and bought a can ;). I was able to squeek my Forstner bit all the way thru from both sides but did order and extension. The groove in the top will be filled with crushed stone when it gets here. Cheers!:wave:

Attachments

• Wood 116.jpg
    Wood 116.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Wood 117.jpg
    Wood 117.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 37
This is some dry walnut picked up on ebay. There are some tiny worm hole that I didn't have to pay extra for :p. It's about 10" and has one of three coats of (this one's for you Bernie) wipe on poly...I finally broke down and bought a can ;). I was able to squeek my Forstner bit all the way thru from both sides but did order and extension. The groove in the top will be filled with crushed stone when it gets here. Cheers!:wave:

Jim nice job and i would like to see it when you get the stones set.:thumb:

Thank's guys. The shape isn't what I was looking for but it came close. I really like the look of the wipe on poly. I'm thinking about applying it while the lathe is running; first coat was done off the lathe. The pic's don't show it, but the grain really comes out, but the down (or up) side is the sanding has to be perfect. I ordered some Arm-r-seal with my crushed stone and extension to see how it works...back to the garage for another one!!!!:wave: