Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great deal on Nova 45mm Spigot Jaws

Great deal on Nova 45mm Spigot Jaws

Hey I just wanted to let everyone know that an e-bay store has a buy it now for 45MM Nova Spigot jaws. These sell at Woodcraft for 44.99. they can be purchased for right at $21 shipped. I just could not resist so I have a set on the way to me. They can be purchased at Equipment Sales and surplus which is here http://cgi.ebay.com/Nova-Chuck-45mm-...742.m153.l1262

Good Luck
    Alan
    Last edited by Alan Trout; 01-30-2009 at 05:44 AM. Reason: spelling and content change.

Get 'em while they're hot! There were ten sets available yesterday when I ordered mine. Now it's down to seven.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!
    Bummer.... I ask the guy if he would ship usps priority mail in a small flat rate box. It only cost 4.95 but he will only ship UPS. I don't understand why a company won't work with the customer?? USPS will pick up just like UPS, shipping materials are free and you get a discount for buy postage online!!!

Go figure
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Get 'em while they're hot! There were ten sets available yesterday when I ordered mine. Now it's down to seven.
    Only 5 now
    Thanks for the heads up Alan

Tony

Tony, BCE '75

I have to agree with Royall. I have gone round & round with shippers over the same thing. Seems almost like they might have a "deal" going with UPS.
    Ah, the price of living in Paradise.

Aloha, Tony
    "You got to learn from the mistakes of others. You won't live long enough to make them all yourself". (Author unknown)

"Time flies like..... an arrow,,,Fruit flies like..... a banana." Groucho Marx

Ah,,,to live in Paradise!

Registered voting member

Fighting for all I am worth, and praying every day.

Just grabbed the last one. Thanks Alan!

Quote Originally Posted by Royall Clark View Post
    Bummer.... I ask the guy if he would ship usps priority mail in a small flat rate box. It only cost 4.95 but he will only ship UPS. I don't understand why a company won't work with the customer?? USPS will pick up just like UPS, shipping materials are free and you get a discount for buy postage online!!!

Go figure
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Baideme View Post
    I have to agree with Royall. I have gone round & round with shippers over the same thing. Seems almost like they might have a "deal" going with UPS.
    Ah, the price of living in Paradise.

Aloha, Tony
    Yeah sure you have shipping problems, but when we start a "BRRRR" or "I Hate Snow" thread you two can chime in with..."Wow, its sunny and 80 here"

Right now I'd trade you in a minute.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Bower View Post
    Yeah sure you have shipping problems, but when we start a "BRRRR" or "I Hate Snow" thread you two can chime in with..."Wow, its sunny and 80 here"

Right now I'd trade you in a minute.

Waaaaa but I want it all!! Waaaa

I do hate making sacrafices when it hits MY pocket book
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.

Three cheers for eBay store "eqss1"

Half an hour after placing my order for the chuck jaws I was out scraping the frost off the car windshield so I could drive the whole 1.1 miles to work. My wife came out waving the cordless phone. (Grrrrr ... who could that be...? )
    "Hello?"

"Hello! This is Daniel [I think he said]. You just bought a set of chuck jaws from my store on eBay."

"OK."

"I'm calling to let you know that eBay goofed up. They allowed the item to be oversold by incorrectly updating the 'items remaining' as orders were placed. I'd like to offer you a replacement."

"I see. Well, I haven't really looked at the other items listed at your eBay store."

"That's OK. The potential replacements I have in mind haven't been listed at the store yet. For example, I have some other jaw sets for Nova chucks."

"Hmmm. Well, I have a Nova Midi Precision chuck, and only the one set of jaws that came with it."

"That's fine. You ordered the 45mm spigot jaws, which I am obviously out of. But I can offer you a set of 35mm spigot jaws, or some [kind of] step jaws."

"The 35mm jaws would be just fine."

"Great. I'll go ahead and refund your PayPal payment, and then send out the smaller jaws for no charge."

"Gee, you don't need to do that."

"No ... you can't get what you ordered, so I'd like to make it up to you."

"Uhhhh ... well, if you insist. That's very nice of you!"

"No problem. Have a nice day."

I checked the feedback for seller eqss1 on eBay. Nearly 3,000 ratings ... with a 100% positive record. Now I know why!

Hey Kerry, Isn't it good knowing there are still good people out there!

I usually don't jump on deals to good to be true, but with his rating seemed like a low risk. You just confirmed it was NO risk.

Tony

Tony, BCE '75