Battery powered repirator story

Fine Woodworking covered respirators/dust masks in general a couple of issues ago. As far as the powered respirators, I think they only looked at Trend and Triton and preferred the Trend.

I have the Triton and I like it very much, I've not tried the Trend (not available in Japan), and I used to have a FULL beard, but the Triton worked fine. The Triton is also a full hardhat and a very good face shield, that has saved me a few times.

It works very well.

>> HERE << is a thread on the two systems

>> HERE << is my mini review of the Triton

I know some of the turners have the Trend, so I'm sure we will get some more info.

Cheers!:wave:

Thanks Charlie for remembering. I'll see if I've got that issue and send it to my friend.

Thanks for the links Stu. I'll send all this info along and let Ron make a choice.

Larry I didn't read the article but just remembered seeing it, so I wouldn't be able to answer that question. I'm one of the lazies that don't think to put respirator on until I'm finished.:eek::dunno::( I've got a cartridge type and use it once in a while. I sanded all the doors and drawer fronts with out putting it on. :eek::rolleyes:

I think I'll look into one my self. I do need to take care of my health but just hate those tight fitting cartridge things. Make my face sweat something awful and fogs up my glasses too.