Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Different hobby:stupidity still hurts.

Different hobby:stupidity still hurts.

Without my TS, Im kinda stuck in the middle of the little project Im working on.
    I can spend some time outside now, cause its been upper 30s, warm enough for me to get in garage time and do some woodworking, but naturally, no saw.
    I decided to give the wood stuff a break until I get my saw back and its warm enough to start cutting wood.

With all my free time, I can do stuff like clean out my closet, clean out my garage cabinets, go through all my drawers and cabinets in the house, do some early spring cleaning, but who am I kidding, I want something that is interesting.

So I decided to do one of my favorite things of years ago, and go to the range, maybe a couple of times a week and make holes in paper instead of drilling through wood.
    First thing, I decided to clean out my gun bag.(I dont want to make this a thread about guns, or shooting)
    Its a nice sized bag,zippered storage in the center, padded zippered sleaves on sides for pistols, and Ive stored alot of additional equipment in there that I couldnt fit in the gun vault.
    Magazines, some scopes, loaders, grips, glasses, etc.
    I took each item out, inventoried it in my head, since its been awhile since I actually looked at what Ive accumulated over the past 30 years.
    I lined up all the magazines that went with each pistol,rifle, and checked to see if they've held up well(springs)
    It was late last night, I put everything away, picked up everything I had laid out on the floor, since I only have a tiny bit of space on the desk.
    I went in to watch the local news, decided to come back into the office to look something up, and in the dark, I stepped on a .45 colt magazine, the inside on top of the spring has a plate, that is half a circle, and that point went right through the bottom of my foot behind the ball of the foot.
    Lemme tell ya, as stupid as Ive ever been shooting brads into my finger, this was alot worse. I was limping around all day.
    Teach me a lesson for not checking to make sure I pick up all my junk when Im done.

Ouch! Now there's a firearm injury you don't hear about every day. I'm betting bad words were said.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I've heard of shooting yourself in the foot, but this is way different.

I hope all heals well.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    I've heard of shooting yourself in the foot, but this is way different.
    A new malapropism..."He stabbed himself in the foot"

Either that or...."You be careful with that thing or you'll put your foot out!"
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

OUCH!!!!!!!! Just be sure you don't let it get infected, Allen. Hope it heals quickly.

Ya He's loaded...spring loaded...hope he doesn't go off half cocked.

At least you didn't drop the whole lock stock & barrel on your big toe.
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 01-31-2009 at 01:36 PM.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

hey allen at least it didnt hit under power,, now that would be really stupid..
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

As my wife is always trying to tell me, "The floor is NOT the biggest table in the house!"

Best of luck with everything! If you make it up to my place for Larry's visit we can go to the range together after Larry gets back on the road. Or with Larry if he's willing to show up at the Thoit's a bit later than scheduled.

I cant transport through NJ and PA, they already told me dont travel even if they are locked up in the trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    I cant transport through NJ and PA, they already told me dont travel even if they are locked up in the trunk.
    I wonder how a Federal Firearms License would effect that,
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart