Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fedex truck arrived today

Fedex truck arrived today

Now I really have to get to work & use these new tools.

These should help with my seeing measurements with my eye + glasses parallax.

Install was easy to install & seems to work fine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wixey 1.jpg   Wixey2.jpg   wixey3.jpg  
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 01-31-2009 at 05:46 AM.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Bart, keep us posted on how it works after you use it some, (cause mine should be here by mid week...... but won't see any use til I get this shop finished).

Does the Tape thingy stick onto your fence rail, or does it come on it's own rail? I just can't remember from reading the initial writeup on it shortly after it came on the mkt.

Two nice additions to the shop. I have the Beall version of the digital angle finder, and have gotten good use out of it. If your joints don't fit now, you can't blame the saw anymore.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Two nice additions to the shop. I have the Beall version of the digital angle finder, and have gotten good use out of it. If your joints don't fit now, you can't blame the saw anymore.
    [B]OOPS!!![B] never thought about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Hitt View Post
    Bart, keep us posted on how it works after you use it some, (cause mine should be here by mid week...... but won't see any use til I get this shop finished).

Does the Tape thingy stick onto your fence rail, or does it come on it's own rail? I just can't remember from reading the initial writeup on it shortly after it came on the mkt.
    It comes on it's own rail?

The only thing about it is the FAQ's list on the web site says

Can the WR700 Fence Readout measure on the left side of the blade?
    Yes, The WR700 comes with 63" of track which gives you 60" total inches of measuring. This can be positioned to measure 36" to the right and 24" to the left; 52" to the right and 8" to the left; or any other combination that adds up to 60".

They forgot to account for the width of the fence.

I set my tape measure on the Shopfox / Biesemeyer fence on a right tilt Unisaw to read 24" to the left & 40' to the right. With the Wixey I have between 17"-18" to the left & 40" to the right. I can still use the tape to the left so am not completely stuck.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Bart, can you arbitrarily zero the rip guide? Say, for instance, if you have a router table in an extension wing? I suspect the answer is yes to account for blade tilting or varying width kerfs / dado sets on the saw.

When (if? ) I get around to making a rip sled for my RAS I may want to look into one of these if it can be re-zeroed.

Bart, you're gonna love that Wixey angle gauge. I use mine constantly. It helped me identify a coplanar issue on my jointer, has been indispensable in cutting all those angles for my chance furniture, gets me dead on 90 on my chop saw, and even helps me set up the cheap little miter gauge that came with my belt sander.
    Host of the 2017 Family Woodworking Gathering - Sunken Wood

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk
    www.wrworkshop.com

Kea'au Hawaii. Just down the road from Hilo town!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kosmowski View Post
    Bart, can you arbitrarily zero the rip guide? Say, for instance, if you have a router table in an extension wing? I suspect the answer is yes to account for blade tilting or varying width kerfs / dado sets on the saw.

When (if? ) I get around to making a rip sled for my RAS I may want to look into one of these if it can be re-zeroed.
    Bart I've had the Wixey for a couple of years now. You can zero it anywhere on the track you want. Follow the direction very closely and you won't have any problems. You will want to buy extra batteries for it as it will eat them up. I buy the 2032's on eBay for a fraction of the cost from Wally World.
    Aloha,

What goes around, comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post
    Bart, you're gonna love that Wixey angle gauge. I use mine constantly. It helped me identify a coplanar issue on my jointer
    Rennie, that single post paid for all my post reading this week. Why did I not think of that? Thanks!!! I have been only using it to check that my table saw blade is square to the table. I need to start thinking about other uses.

good deal bart got the liitle part but i dont have the rip fence addition. have used one and it does work well.. i also know that wixey is working on a shaper height guage as well..saw some beta applications..Mr wixey got outa bed on the right side when he come up with this invention!!!
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!