Thread: something special for Larry

Central (upstate) NY

something special for Larry

Well, the day started when I realized last night that I left my debit card at the place I went to lunch on Friday. I have an hour commute to work and of course did not notice this until I returned home. So my wife and I went down there this morning.

Knowing that Larry is coming soon and I think I'm out of mead, I figured I should get some honey and put together a batch this weekend (to the Thoits - I've been told by several folks that even my green mead is quite drinkable). So, we passed a few signs that said "Honey for sale" but it looked like no one was home. Then I remembered a farmer's market type place a bit out of the way on the drive home. Turns out they were closed for the season.

So, off to WalMart it was, but they only had 4 containers of 3 lb honey on the shelf and no more available in inventory. I picked them up, but I usually use 20 lb for a 6 gallon batch so off to the other store in town. First thing I noticed is that their prices for honey were about twice the WalMart price. While standing around hoping that the prices would magically lower, I noticed that their fancy orange blossom honey was on sale, making it just a tad bit more that the clover honey. So I bought some of each!

Today's batch will be an orange blossom mead, with the orange blossom honey being 3 / 20 lbs of the total honey bill.

Delton, Michigan
    i forgot to tell ya ,i am allergic to oranges, and honey too it makes me sweet and tart at the same time:rofl:
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

Central (upstate) NY
    Well, Larry, if'n yer not able to drink my mead, I'm sure Chuck and Kalea will see to it that there's no problems at'all!